Launch Rod Material

Like I said - weenie on a witch hunt.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I picked up on that too. There is only one explanation - THE WEENIE FACTOR.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Ah, given that was more than 25 years ago, I'd say that *you* are now stating the obvious, Jerry!

Reply to
bit eimer

wel, since you said we could I figgured we should start a new thread about it.

has anyone had any success getting public access to air their model rocketry videos? I would think that this could be a good way to get the general public to see some of our hobby.

our local community does NOT have a public access channel. they are too worried about political groups taking it over

paranoid idiots, sigh.

I'll see if I can get other areas nearby to look into it. what i really need is a bunch of AV nerds to take over the video part of our club so the president can actually FLY a rocket once in a while

Reply to
tater schuld

Strange...I have never known a community that did *not* have at least one public access channel. But, also....I have never known a public access channel that did *not* have a huge political bias. I only wish I could find one that was not "left-of-left-of-left-of-left-of-center"....lol. (...being from Austin, we have experienced the "Condoms on Cucumbers" channels, as well as the "Madeline Murray O'Hara Network"...lol)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Yes but they need it in the format they broadcast in. Usually Beta or broadcast digital.

I believe that is beyond your or Gary's capabilities at this time mainly due to a content shortage.

Hint. A 240x320 non-interlaced MPEG-2/QT file doesn't cut it.

Correct.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Orville et al did not do EX, as EX wasn't invented until a decade ago. Prior to certification, these were amateur rockets.

The #1 goal in the late 50s was SAFETY.

Bob Kaplow

See my previous post. EX is a TRA invention to slip AR type activities under the MR cover.

Bob Kaplow

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Mine turns 36 today.

- Rick "cheap, stiff, and widely available?" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

actually its under the HPR cover..... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

TRA insurance covers ALL MR, HPR and "EX".

Supposedly.

Presumably anything except Kosdon because he is banned/decertified because he refuses to get an unneeded ATF permit.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

OK, I'll buy that.

Bob Kaplow

Frank did not refuse to get the LEMP, the ATF will not issue manufacturing permits in a residential neighborhood.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

That was never an issue.

And you are stupid enough to repeat this over and over.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How could that not be an issue?

Again, Frank did not refuse to get a LEMP.

Also, Frank's motors were not decertified for lack of a LEMP.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Stainless... Wipes clean... No oil... Done...

Having had to tend to the club gear a spell, I threw out all of the non-stainless rods. Didn't even try to give them away...

Best, Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

I guess you missed quite a few HPR magazines and Tripoli Reports.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Show us where Frank was decertified or banned/shunned, for a lack of a LEMP.

Oh wait, you can't, because it did not happen as you claim.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Years ago I lived with a commune called "Zendik Farm" that was, for a while, located lust outside of Bastrop (about 30 or so miles east of Austin - beautiful rural country in the early 90's; I hear it's all getting buried in suburban development these days...)

We used to do some stuff on the Austin Access cable system. (I don't think they had any particular bias... they'd play just about anything that was sent in on the proper format videotape.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker