Lil' Johnny Rocket First Flight

LCO "flies like crap"

Boy did I hear the comments, then the whoops and hollers as the streamer came out. Flew nicely on the E28-4 though ejection seemed a bit late. I'm probably heavier because when I went to 'paint the interior' I managed to uncrease one corner which caused a tear. I reinforced each corner then with some square styrene stock. The streamer did bring it down a bit hard, but I don't want to switch to a chute,.... maybe underwear. It was suggested that I use some brown marker on the streamer and use tons of dog barf to give it that realistic look.

It occurs to me the LCO's comment can be taken a second way,....

I used Matt's buttons with longer screws and the kit's standoffs. Instead of mounting nuts on the interior, I mounted T-nuts so I can replace the buttons as needed.

What fun!!

Joel. phx

Just Fly Rockets

Reply to
Joel Corwith

We've finished one and are ready put our mark in the sky.........I'm likin' the BVD recovery idea, I know the TP streamer will be stained with ejection charge stains before too awful long.......did you have to lube the rail with a little blue fluid? Any poems on the inside of yours? 'Here I sit......' :-D

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

That's shitty!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That took me a second to git :o

Now I won't charge you for cleaning the monitor, and nothing got into the keyboard, so you're lucky!

:)

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

You know, it just occurred to me that the full size Port-a-potty that was launched at LDRS should have been powered by Skidmark motors. :)

Reply to
RayDunakin