Low Power Estes Slow Motion Launch Vids

Dan Cox wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!
Ok, can anyone tell me when Don fell off the deep end?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
<big snip to keep Tweak happy ;)>

Who's Don?
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

New baby (and attendant lack of sleep) in the house has me cranky lately. My apologies.
--
Tweak

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:54:44 -0500, Tweak

None needed, and boy, do I completely understand. I'm just happy those days are passed -- with the exception of now, I have to wait up to make sure they're home...
<g>
Addtionally, there are some real non-snipped doosies in this thread too... the record appears to be 152 lines...
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

"Well, I say, well, you asked for it!" Congrats! Was it a rooster or a biddy?
Randy www.vernarockets.com

Rooster. Problem is, he doesn't know just when to crow yet, so he does it all the time.
--
Tweak

tdstr wrote:

The hysteria over viruses is much akin to the hysteria over getting a flu shot. Use common sense and you'll save yourself money and won't get infected. I have never had a virus on a PC in the 15 or so years I've used them(Used Ataris prior to that) and I never run antivirus software. When I get in the occaisional arguement with someone over this I will run one one just to prove to them I don't have an infection and then I explain how they too, can live the blissful no computer virus life...
Dan Cox wrote:

Well then, I think I just might need some of your blissful insight on how to stay protected. So Dan the man, how's this all done?? What secrets do you hold?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

Don't open executable email attachments and don't click Open in any dialog that pops up in IE asking what you want to do with some file, unless you know for certain what you are doing,, like downloading a proram on purpose for instance. Many people who are novice users will click on a link thinking it's taking them where they intended when in actuality it may be linking to an executable file. They click Open when it asks because after all that is what they wanted to do.... I've seen it over and over again in computers I've fixed. People do the same stupid things time and again.
Dan Cox wrote:

Wow, did anyone hear the bell ring?!?! I think I just got schooled!
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:24:03 -0600, the notorious t-e-d

I forget - I might have heard it while I was scrolling through all the bullshit above your response.

Use MAC's. ;)
Doug
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Well yeah there's always that...I've never understood why they didn't give the mac two mouse buttons though. I feel so limited on a single button. At least there are 'after market' options.
Dan Cox wrote:

Macs have no buttons.....why would you need two? Jes click and hold, it ain't rocket surgery.
Chuck
You can get viro-infected with nasty java-scripts and such by just going to the wrong types of websites. Worst part of it is, you'll never know it until it's too late. There's a LOT more ways to get a virus than attachment via email.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2
J.A. Michel wrote:

That's a myth and it's unfortunate that it continues. Read the good virus sites that get into the meaty detail and if you dig down far enough you'll discover this. At some point the user has to click an Ok or Accept or Apply button somewhere to allow malicious code to run. You've got to acknowledge and accept an executable file to get infected. Any that don't depend on this are so rare and depend on so many unlikely variables that they are almost guaranteed to fail. Information propagating the 'you'll get it just by visiting hte site' myth are pure propaganda. I make it my business to know how this 'beasties' work ;)
Dan Cox wrote:

Dan, 1996 called and wants it's 3.5" floppy disk back....
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
says...

That would be a 5.25"...or maybe even a 8"?
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

Well yes, if it were 1986 :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Tweak wrote:

What's wrong, is Your punch card reader on the fritz?