magnum 4 sale

But that "fine" did not cause you to suddenly be a bad person (did it?), subject you to massive (THOUSANDS of personal attacks) harassment on rmr, or even result in your words on matters of ATF (consistent with law, history, and a court order) to be attacked and not complied with.

It is a separate issue.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Dave W. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

JI broke the law and is paying the price. You just made my point and I guess we know where your head is.

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

You write as if you intrinsically believe that the government (yes, the same folks who brought us Kent State, Vietnam, and Watergate) acts in a way that is monolithically, deterministically driven by our actions, with no internal opinion, inititiative, or decision-making involved. We're talking about a humanly-contrived organization, not an established force of nature, remember... (I'm not sure that you do, from the way you express yourself...) It might be valid to say that if you touch an electric power line, you "will be shocked by it", since there is no decision-making (on the part of the power line) involved... but to speak thus in the passive voice of the government is not only disingenuous at best, but fundamentally unpatriotic: We, as citizens of the American Republic, are responsible for the behavior of our government... and to speak as if we view it as a monolithic force of nature beyond human influence, some kind of bureaucratic 900-pound gorilla that craps where it wants (and the best one can do is to stay out of the way), reflects an abdication of that responsibility on a deep psychological level: you sound like you're more inyerested in "doing whatever it takes to stay on the government's good side" than on carrying your share of the load in the Great American Task of forcing the government to stay on _our_ good side.

OK, so what does that say about "where my head is"?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

That does not apply to this case.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

For the analogy to work, jerry would have to claim he wasn't driving a car, but in fact he was driving a model airplane. That way he could claim he was keeping above stall speed for safety reasons.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Actually it's more like the DMV has been telling him all along that "we don't bother issuing license plates for those little electric mini scooters" and then he gets hit with a complaint about "operating unlicensed motor vehicles"...

Hey! Sometimes, in high wind on my motorcycle, it almost feels like I have to do that!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Are you claiming the DOT told jerry he did not need any paperwork to ship hazardous materials?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Way past the sphincter..(;-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Apparantly Fred has simply not read and understood the consitutuion of the country he resides in.

It is also obvious he does not "get" what Dave is saying.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Facts not in evidence.. What have you done for your country? I'll match my record against you and little jerry combined, any time..

I don't care what spin doctor, little jerry, says. His comments are not relevant to what you did and the results... With your $40 gran to the man, do you get it know??

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

He cannot comprehend, and he is quite happy to do so.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine