Mythbusters Confederate Rocket Episode

Tomorrow the Mythbusters fly Civil War period rockets! Should be a fun episode to watch as Jamie and Adam built a couple of rockets straight from
the Civil War era!
Erik Gates Gates Brothers Rocketry

Thanks for the heads up Eric.
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Excellent episode! Plus, a little bit of historical info...educational(gasp) as well. If I were Jamie and Adam though, I do believe I would've re-thought that indoor static test, though! {:>/
bob352 wrote:

You have to wonder about a crew that isn't afraid of making guncotton or that indoor test, but is for pressing BP.
I mean yes,the ACW instructions are scary with pounding the powder with a wooden mallet, but they could have farmed that out to a real firework company that use updated methods for pressing BP than beating each cupfull of powder with a hammer after its been poured into the casing.
Rather than nitrous/wax, they should have done the mother of all candy motors, or zinc/sulphur
** mike **
mike wrote:

I think that the hybrid should have burned outside. It would have looked much better. But it was a cool show.