NAR Ballots are out!

I just got my June Model Rocketeer with the NAR Trustee and bylaw ballot.

I really wish Art had included a resume: I realize he wants people to go to his web site, but he should have at least included a statement to that effect. This makes it look like he just didn't bother to write a resume.

At any rate, to quote Mayah Daahley, "Vote Early and Vote Often"

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

If he handled NAR the same way he handled TRA, then he did send that to NAR. It's just that the NAR folks chose not to print it.

His TRA submission reads "Please contact Art's web page for his resume at..."

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yeah, well, I took the trouble to look at his website, and was less than impressed. There wasn't a 'resume' per se, and his only real comment seemed to be that he'll address member issues as they come up. No comments, no viewpoint, no nuttin'.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I really would like people to use that Art Applewhite's last name when refering to him.

each year at Election time on TRA or NAR my first name's value drops 89% ;)

Art "the other one" Upton

Reply to
ArtU

"The Good One" ;-)

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

Agreed. I just took a look, as well, and was equally, er... "impressed".

If that's all the effort he can put into getting elected, I can't imagine he'd put much effort into doing anything after becoming elected.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yep, we know you're the good twin and Mr applewhite is the evil twin. 8-}

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

heck I should have run!. I would have had a thosand negatives posts about me by now! my platform would have been: I guarantee you a 8-1 vote on most subjects....If you are tired of unanimous votes, choose me! Ask me where I stand on an issue.....

I wish we had a forum(not this one as it gets way our of hand) where we could compile a set of questions and have all the candidates pontificate on them. So we might get an idea where these people actually stand on issues. I know they let the TRA candidates place their views and get asked questions over on The Rocketry Forum which I thought was a great idea. I hope the NAR candidates will do that as I have a few questions to ask them about stuff.

terry dean

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Actually,

I like being able to look at individuals who are um, er, say eccentric. Puts everything else in perspective.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

Art ran for TRA BOD last year & is running again this year. Last year he was criticized for not putting in the effort to write a suitable resume. His platform was evrything is messed up - I'll fix it wwith no references to specific issues. His other goal was to make his saucers ok for certifications. Most people on the TRA forum were against it because they require no demonstration that you can build something that can recover. I think he added a streamer to some saucers to skirt the issue. Also, he decined to be part of the TRA forum this year because he was told that he couldn't do personal attackes and insults like he did last year.

As you may have guessed, I recomend that no one (except Steve) vote for him.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

After his loss this year, I figure you'll be paying us to use your name. Maybe you can use Artie or Artfulldodger.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

I told you to run.

It is very easy to make a forum on Yahoo. Let people and candidates know it's there, post some questions and hope they use it. THe TRA forum has been very useful for the elections, TRA biz & tech discussions & other stuff.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

It is not the right time & place for this eccentric person.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Ah, the Contrarian Party candidate! No thought given to the issues, just reflexive voting against the majority.

Reply to
raydunakin

Followed immediately by the Argument Clinic.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

well at least I would have the good common sense to have voted NO against the recent NAR BOT policy decision to allow NAR members to skirt the NAR Safety Code, bu using uncertfied model rocket motors.

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Actually , the BOT used common sense on that vote.

while many have fretted over the outcome, the BOT did the right thing in allowing delta motors to be flown for practice in FAI events in the USA.

Reply to
Cranny Dane

No way!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I heard there may be a nomination from the NARAM meeting floor, so if you plan on attending NARAM, hold your ballots and vote in person. There is no way to remove your mail vote and revote at NARAM.

And if there's anything that you want on the board agenda (like revisiting the FAI motor issue) today is the deadline to email those member concerns to Bunny. I've just sent him my list. president at nar dot org

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow