NAR Ballots are out!

I just got my June Model Rocketeer with the NAR Trustee and bylaw ballot.
I really wish Art had included a resume: I realize he wants people to go to
his web site, but he should have at least included a statement to that effect. This makes it look like he just didn't bother to write a resume.
At any rate, to quote Mayah Daahley, "Vote Early and Vote Often"
Bob Kaplow wrote:

If he handled NAR the same way he handled TRA, then he did send that to NAR. It's just that the NAR folks chose not to print it.
His TRA submission reads "Please contact Art's web page for his resume at..."
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Yeah, well, I took the trouble to look at his website, and was less than impressed. There wasn't a 'resume' per se, and his only real comment seemed to be that he'll address member issues as they come up. No comments, no viewpoint, no nuttin'.
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

Agreed. I just took a look, as well, and was equally, er... "impressed".
If that's all the effort he can put into getting elected, I can't imagine he'd put much effort into doing anything after becoming elected.
-Kevin
heck I should have run!. I would have had a thosand negatives posts about me by now! my platform would have been: I guarantee you a 8-1 vote on most subjects....If you are tired of unanimous votes, choose me! Ask me where I stand on an issue.....
I wish we had a forum(not this one as it gets way our of hand) where we could compile a set of questions and have all the candidates pontificate on them. So we might get an idea where these people actually stand on issues. I know they let the TRA candidates place their views and get asked questions over on The Rocketry Forum which I thought was a great idea. I hope the NAR candidates will do that as I have a few questions to ask them about stuff.
terry dean
--
"old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

Read my Blog! I dare you!
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:33:16 -0400, "shockwaveriderz"

I told you to run.
It is very easy to make a forum on Yahoo. Let people and candidates know it's there, post some questions and hope they use it. THe TRA forum has been very useful for the elections, TRA biz & tech discussions & other stuff.
Phil
shockwaveriderz wrote:

Ah, the Contrarian Party candidate! No thought given to the issues, just reflexive voting against the majority.

Followed immediately by the Argument Clinic.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

No way!
well at least I would have the good common sense to have voted NO against the recent NAR BOT policy decision to allow NAR members to skirt the NAR Safety Code, bu using uncertfied model rocket motors.
--
"old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

Read my Blog! I dare you!

Actually , the BOT used common sense on that vote.
while many have fretted over the outcome, the BOT did the right thing in allowing delta motors to be flown for practice in FAI events in the USA.

I really would like people to use that Art Applewhite's last name when refering to him.
each year at Election time on TRA or NAR my first name's value drops 89% ;)
Art "the other one" Upton
snipped-for-privacy@unverified.com says...

"The Good One" ;-)
--
Scott D. Hansen
WOOSH NAR Section #558 http://www.wooshrocketry.org
ArtU wrote:

Yep, we know you're the good twin and Mr applewhite is the evil twin. 8-}
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Actually,
I like being able to look at individuals who are um, er, say eccentric. Puts everything else in perspective.
Kurt

It is not the right time & place for this eccentric person.
Phil

After his loss this year, I figure you'll be paying us to use your name. Maybe you can use Artie or Artfulldodger.
Phil
On 21 Jun 2006 20:36:16 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Art ran for TRA BOD last year & is running again this year. Last year he was criticized for not putting in the effort to write a suitable resume. His platform was evrything is messed up - I'll fix it wwith no references to specific issues. His other goal was to make his saucers ok for certifications. Most people on the TRA forum were against it because they require no demonstration that you can build something that can recover. I think he added a streamer to some saucers to skirt the issue. Also, he decined to be part of the TRA forum this year because he was told that he couldn't do personal attackes and insults like he did last year.
As you may have guessed, I recomend that no one (except Steve) vote for him.
Phil
I heard there may be a nomination from the NARAM meeting floor, so if you plan on attending NARAM, hold your ballots and vote in person. There is no way to remove your mail vote and revote at NARAM.
And if there's anything that you want on the board agenda (like revisiting the FAI motor issue) today is the deadline to email those member concerns to Bunny. I've just sent him my list. president at nar dot org
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
    S&T is becoming this decades Steve Weaver!