NAR Board votes to violate Safety Code!

Probably not, but who knows if customs would even recognize or care about little hobby rocket motors. I personally would not declare or bother trying to get them through customs.

fred

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I wonder how the FAI competitior got the motors into the country?? Was it legal??

Fred

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Safety Code. That request violates the NAR Bylaws. >He should have asked NAR S&T to grant reciprocal certification to FAI motors.

Reply to
tedcochran55409

You mean fireworks ?

Reply to
Cranny Dane

Reply to
DontSpamMe

Did Mr. Lankford give you this information or are you pulling iy out of your ass?

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

You forgot that maybe he's not familiar with weenies that whine and pull "facts" out of their ass.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yea, Shockies being this years JI

Reply to
Cranny Dane

As I said in prvate email, that's not what the minutes reflect. And that's not what a couple board members who were at the meeting conveyed to me.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Bob Kaplow wrote: snip>

snip

Another oddity of the certification codes. I can't fly a B-14, or a B2, but I can fly an A8-3 from one of my "diamond" packages. The A8-3 was last tested by S and T on March 25, 1995. As were a number of other Estes motors.

When motors are decertified is there some sort of signal that they get from S and T that changes how they perform? That suddenly makes them untrustworthy? Just wondering. ;) QM

Reply to
Quilly Mammoth

I think it's as important that they stick by the rules that they make. If a rule doesn't make sense, remove it and allow EVERYONE the benefit of its removal - not just a few. Also, if they felt that it really is a safety issue to abide by a particular rule, why are they allowing people to circumvent it?

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

What information are you referring to? The only part of Terry's email that raised any eyebrows for me was the last paragraph. Oh and it is Dr. Langford not Mr. Lankford. Do try and get it together :-)

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Quilly - THis is what I was replying to.

Regards Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Shockie said Mr. I guess he can't get anything right. Anyway to avoid confusion, I'll refer to him as Lankford.

As to where Shockie gets his info, I'd put my money on him pulling it out of his ass.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Just curious... Are you a NAR member?

Reply to
Greg Cisko

I retired about a year and a half ago. Went over to the dark side. ;-) I've been thinking about rejoining but not real hard.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

BTW - I'll definitely rejoin so I can vote for Shockie - of course for that to happen, he'd have to get off his ass and do something besides complain.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I dropped my NAR membership a year or two back as I realized that the leadership was clueless and there was no way to get a real change. The "Kosdon Mess" was the start, and my decision to no longer support NAR has been enhanced by this major screwup. I just wish that TRA could drop NAR as a partner in the ongoing lawsuit, as actions like those taken with the Czech motors shows how lost the NARBOT really is...

Reply to
AZWoody

thanks for that show of support PHIL!!!!!

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I'm serious - you should run.

Phil