Naram Live is Live !!!! Day One !

Check out the site. I got picks up for friday (just some plane ride shots)

Pictures are up for saturday day and night and vids are uploading now (250mb of video !!)

you can not see them as if 0200 Phoenix time since I am now making the HTML to wrap the pictures in :-)

should be up within an hour of so !! some REALLY lucky nice shots today !

I got some onboard video from a electric plane but I left it on the laptop in the car and I am just too tired to go get it so that will be uploaded tommorrow night !

Chris Taylor

Nerys

I can't view your MP4 video files...

Any chance you can import from your video camera using Windows Movie Maker and save your videos as WMV files?

(WMM comes bundled with Windows XP)

Reply to
Dale Gribble

Dale, there is just too much content on the web that is Quicktime compatible that you should have a Quicktime veiwer on your machine anyway. I tried installing Win Media Player MP4 codecs from the Microsoft site, but that did not work.

Do you have Quicktime on your machine? The big problem with Quicktime is that it is very deceptive. You can't easily tell if it is actaully downloading. Most plugins switch to a some sort of download status, but the only indicator Quicktime gives is a little icon in the bottom left corner of Internet Explorer. It may say done there, but it is not until the video shows up. The icon looks a little box with a red arrow going in. It disappears when the video starts.

Reply to
falingtrea

Guys, Chris has a direct link to download the DivX codec which is what you'll need to view the video. Then you can play the vids in any player.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

I downloaded DivX from Chris' site and I can't play any of his vids. Still a lot of great pictures though.

Damn wish I could have gone this year - next year for sure (I hope)

Dale Greene SPAAR 503

Reply to
Dale Greene

The main videos are HiDef files. DivX doesn't work with them. The latest version of Quicktime will play them, but I can only get them to work directly from the link (If I download the file first, then play the downloaded file, the audio is there, but the video is extremely washed out).

The MP4 files can be converted to ASF files (that can be played in WMP) but I don't have the conversion utilities.

You should be able to play the MultiPod files (from the rockets and electric plane)

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

There's more than one video???

I only saw one video on Chris's site, the vid of Chris's plane doing a pass by.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS75

Roy Green wrote:

Reply to
tdstr

You have to go to the last page of each day's photos to get to the videos for that day.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

Chris,

Thanks again for your time and efforts.

The R/C plane video is my favorite so far. It got me to thinking that you could fly "chase plane" or "search and rescue" missions.

Now, if you could snag the recovery harness in mid-air... ;)

Reply to
Gary

Well, I can view them now (thanks for the tips guys) BUT, their resolution is so high that my PC can't keep up!!! So I just get cuts and chops of video and most of the audio.

But, the photos are great - thanks Chris!

Reply to
Dale Gribble

Annoying. What is wrong with last years codecs? Seems every time there is a new site with videos there is another set of codecs to download and try to get to work. How about picking something that most people would already have and use that.

Reply to
Davel

I am very sorry about the Videos guys.

First the DIVX codec wont work for the hidef stuff. use the Quicktime TIme Alternative link I provided (no need to install quicktime or its associated crap) its in the same place as the DIVX file

As for why ? this is the native format for my video camera a Sanyo HD1

I too am having codec issues IE when I run it through DrDivx I get audio but no video even though I can play it fine and DrDivx can preview it fine.

I am extremly insanely busy at Naram. Sometimes this week I have had to sleep the first hour in the car each day because I am just soo exhausted. I do not have time to even THINK about toying with multistep video conversions and tweaking software and settings. It just takes too much time.

Right now the only way to get a download manageable video for you guys would be to first process the videos through TMPGENC to get an mpeg II file and then process that mpeg II files through DrDivx to get the Divx file that you can all download. This just takes too much time. its already 2315 right now as I type this. I should have been in bed over an hour ago.

When I get home I will process the videos into something more downloadable if time permits. The HD files are awesome but if you have a slower machine you will not be able to properly play them. You may be able to process them through WMP but it will probably take a long time then again most of them are rather short (by necessity at over 1mb a second) so it might not take that long.

Hope that explains the video issues. I LOVE my sanyo but I am rather annoyed that sanyo did not take the extra step to provide solid codecs so I can mess with the video more easily (IE Converting them etc..)

Wednesday is online and ready to go ! Enjoy !

Chris Taylor

Nerys