Re: Naramlive Day 6 Update complete

We all know the real reason why the NARAM live site took a little longer to update tonight... Chris had a hot date :)

Some really great pictures of Vern Estes today. Chris you are really doing a great job, and those of us who couldn't make it to NARAM really appreciate your super effort and hard work Way to go !!

One simple request - How about some pic's of the Wisconsin WOOSH club members and their rockets... All us cheese heads back in WI are cheering for Sarah and Mary to bring home the A & B National trophies and WOOSH to grab the sectional. - It was looking real good as of yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to add in today's scores.

Thanks again Chris for your great NARAM coverage!

Scott Sager

Ok it will be complete about 4 minutes after this post (last 2 videos > uploading now) > > I did not shoot as many pictures today (pointless to try and shoot the > contest models (small skinny and bad skies for it) and I was hot and tired > so relaxed and little more and got in some flying. > > The shots I did get are pretty cool and I also shot some more video clips ! > these came out pretty cool. > > the update it online and ready to go (3.2 minutes to go last video > uploading) > > Tommorrow is another pointless to shoot contest models events (spot landing > and B parachute duration multi round with 4min max I believe) > > Now catching models coming close to the "spot" might be interesting and I > may try this. > > I plan to shoot more sport range though and get more videos. > > Contest results are also online for veiewing pleasure. Southern Crouton > NAILED helicopter !! Way to go george. > >
> > Chris Taylor >
> 2.8 minutes till last file upload. :-) so by 0120 EST all files will be > online. > > >

Scott Sager

Hmm not sure how to "pick out" certain people. Launch Crew is easy they all wear launch crew shirts :-) hehe

Does Woosh wear shirts ? if you can contact them tell them to hunt me down (I am right behind the contest tent) and I will make a point to nab some pictures.

I do plan to get lots of pictures friday since its scale and pmc. should equal slow lift offs even though they are small models.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I second this request since we were way out in first place going into NARAM.

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

I fully concur with this sentiment. Awesome job, Chris.

--tc

Reply to
Ted Cochran

I am working on the DAY 7 update. its HUGE. only 57 pictures from the Flying day but 119 pictures from Scale - PMC - and Odd Roc

I got a full frame shot of every single model. now I will shrink them down greatly for the web but their is a LOT of them. I also shot a short video clip of each and every model while I spoke aloud the name of the modeler/team and the name of the rocket.

I am trying to figure out a way to upload this. its 65.7meg as is !! although each clip is only a few seconds their are 118 clips :-) The Video also came out pretty nasty (clearly this camera does NOT like low light) very noisy (LOTS of CCD noise !!)

But I will see how it comes out.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I officially declare you releant.

v-serv!

"video-server"

read storage and bandwidth hog.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

^^^^^^^ relevant

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Captions.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You misunderstand. I have PLENTY of both space and bandwidth.

problem is it would first take me well over an hour to upload and take all the DIALUP users of my site an eternity to download !!

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Any idea how long it takes to make this update.

Any idea how large a set of notes I would have to TRY to keep on the field in real time to be able to have a praire of being able to caption.

Forget it. its just not worth it. I would get HALF the shots as I tried to keeps some sensible notes. I tried.

I try to recall what I can and notate that as I make the pages.

NOW if someone see's their model on the site BY ALL MEANS please send me a note with the FILE NAME and the specific day and page of the pictures and I will get around to captioning as much as people alert me to.

Remember this is naramlive not naramhistory archive. I got to do this daily if not multiple times a day just to keep up :-)

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

:-) hehehe your nuts.

even getting name of person for each rocket would drive me nuts. I tried. I figured I would record a short note describing the rocket and the name of person so later I could play it back as I looked at the pictures.

I would have 1/10th the content I have now if I tried. that might be ok for youas a viewer but not ok for me as the GETTER of the content. I want it all. not 1/10th of it :-)

I do my best. if someone see's their model let me know and I will add the notes to the pages.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

About 1/2 of the scale photos are flipped (i.e. all lettering is backwards!). Some are right, most are wrong. At least, I don't *think* that anyone would have entered, for instance, a Saturn with the "USA reversed!

Reply to
Anonymous

Another day well done, Chris.

Thanks for taking the time to post these great snapshots.

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

I know I accidentally picked flip instead of rotate and it would have taken too long to correct and I could not correct the EXISTING incorrect images (since resaving at that compression level would have ruined them) I would have to go back to the originals. I will do this later on :-)

Good eye for notic>

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Well, Sarah ended up 2nd overall, but Mary swept B division by a 2:1 margin both for NARAM and for the year. Dad Dan was 4th, and Woosh is now the custodian of that red section champ pennant. It's returned to Wisconsin for the first time since logging 2.4 million miles on STS-37.

I'm sure that Al is smiling down on you all now...

Bob Kaplow

absolutely.

first the flips. I did a convert of all the images but irfan view goofed and rotated the wrong way !! now I could do 2 more rotations (no 180' option) but that would add tremendous compression artifacts with 2 more jpg saves or I could start all over (too danged tired at that time) so I did a flip :-) never thought about the lettering :-) I will fix this later once I get everything dumped to my desktop.

also as for names. Gleda Glenda. one was Estes one was Employee of estes. I could not recall which so I guessed and now I see I guessed wrong :-) I will fix this.

also as for helping. just tell me what day and the picture id number (right click properties file name dscn####.jpg) and I will add captions.

I tried "recording" captions but it was a no go. it was simply too much work and would have resulted in less than half the photo's I got. might be ok for you guys but not ok for me. I get pictures for me first and foremost :-) hehehe and I like lots of pictures.

also this would have trippled or quadrupled my "work" time each night to make the update as I transfered any notes I took to text in the web pages. I was already not finishing till after midnight and george as well as I needed sleep :-)

Chris Taylor Jr