Naramlive is online

I am here in Kentucky/Indiana at the Ramada. I am set up and online.
Will have some hotel pics later tonight with the first update.
I had good signal on my phone coming through evansville so hopefully It will also be good on the field. if so I will be performing near real time (every few hours or so) updates ON the field during the flying.
I will select a few pics compress and upload onsite. Full update each evening as usual.
I also plan to possibly do frame capture still uploads of the auction etc.. as it happens. Might not be worth the effort will see. Let me know the interest level for something like that.
No live video/audio. did not get the chance to investigate the possibility of doing that. although the 3g cellular connection is nice I am not sure if it is fast enough for a live stream.
Chris Taylor http://www.naramlive.com /

What carrier are you using for the connection?

My Sprint phone so no "provider"
much faster than dialup (about 10k/s downloads) and it costs me nothing (we nothing extra)
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

That's cool. Describe the connections themselves physically from the phone to the computer.
Jerry
USB to Serial cable from futuredial and their software to the phone.
phone to the PCS vision network which ports to the internet.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Pigeon.
David Erbas-White
Chris -
Thanks! I and many others really appreciate the effort.
So does this mean that your "Thing" troubles are fixed?
Please take lots of pics of the PSpSc entries!
-BB

Thing Troubles ? no the generator still does not work so I have to recharge each night.
No I did not drive the thing to naram although it might be fun at 40-45mph max it would have taken a loooonnnnnggggg time to get here :-)
I got the LIVE webcam upload working !!!
IT is VERY slow both because of the lag in the cellular connection and the fact that I am really taxing my tablet (it is only a P166)
but I took several cam shots tonight. sadly I have not figured out how to "archive" the shots so you only see the "latest" shot.
if you goto naramlive.com and click on the LIVE link in the text you will see the webcam capture from registration. it is tedious work so I plan to schedule TIMES each day to set it and let it run till the batteries die.
I plan to have it running during the auction (it gets a new images uploaded about once every 15-20 seconds) I will set the delay for 0 and let it do it as fast as it can for as long as it can.
I may try running it from the field once or twice and see what happens (again if I get signal)
you have to be AT the site and hitting refresh every 20 seconds or so to see it since their is no archiving.
I am going to try to shoot for a 30 minute live run tommorrow at 12noon and maybe again at 3pm
so if it works as I hope it does tune in tommorrow from 1200-1230 and 1500-1530
it will not be "amazing" just a still upload as fast as it can handle it. each will have a date/time stamp (see the current image) so you can tell how long it has been since the last upload. I am going to be taking pictures so I will set it and forget it. if it works great if it crashes. owell will try again at the second time slot.
it really taxes the system so I am not sure how stable it will be.
if you want to BOOKMARK a specific page you will note the url never changes (have not figured out how to auto pop out of that yet I can do it with a link but not a redirect (suggestions)
just goto naramlive.nerys.com and you will be able to bookmark individual pages.
Chris Taylor http://www.naramlive.com /
wrote:

will
(every