RRRRRGGG is coming...

It's Big. Bigger than Chris Taylor! It's Bad. Powered by an H or maybe an I. It would be a L1 cert flight except I'm already L2. And it's coming to NARAM, to be flown on Saturday July 31st.

Bob Kaplow

Why not both? ;)

Cool. Got any pics?

Reply to
RayDunakin

It's Big. Bigger than Chris Taylor! It's Bad. Powered by an H or maybe an I. It would be a L1 cert flight except I'm already L2. And it's coming to NARAM, to be flown on Saturday July 31st.

Reply to
GCGassaway

Maybe a GGGGRRRR clone flying backwards?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Well, since Bob has mentioned big gliders....I did make two flying and gliding effigies of HIM, sort of like Astron Spaceman but these *glided* back.

The first Kwarter Skale Kaplow (well, more like 1/3) actually worked well, I made him with NIRA hat, RSO badge and the whole 9 yards, even a TRA Code of Conduct drawn on his backside 8^).

He flew well back in like 96 with like H128s, albeit a bit fast, so I never tried an I284 like I really wanted to.

Bob finally met his demise, appropriately enough, on a heck of a bonus delay, this being a very old H128. Broke his 'neck' and shortened him considerably. Funny, this was about the only real glider mishap with this motor.....

The second one I made in 2001, this was intended for NARAM of that year before work stuffed me from going at the last second. Also made a flying effigy of Chris Taylor too, based on his, uh, 'shape' this was basically another glider saucer with Chris drawn 'to scale'.

Never could get either one of them to glide worth a darn, no matter how I hacked em. Turned out the foamboard/MR bodies warped badly in the sun/humidity on test fly day, even though they boosted great, they just were untrimmable for glide.

Darn, cause those wouldve been quite a sight if Idve gotten em to Naram before they got 'bent outta shape'.

Id make one of Jerry but Im afraid hes just too unstable 8^). And ones of GCG or Rob Edmonds would outglide a convie.....

AstronMike

Reply to
Mike Lee Kochel

If I can get one that will fit...

To be publcly unveiled at NARAM!

Bob Kaplow

I've exchanged a couple emails with Chris about this. I'm sure he will enjoy what ever it is. He may even try to build one himself!

Bob Kaplow

Hmmm, GGGRRR was already a canard, at least initially. So maybe forwards instead of backwards?

Bob Kaplow

Damn. You never told me. I WANT PICTURES!

Bob Kaplow

If it's the rocket that I think it is, I've got a picture or two but I'll keep it under my hat until Bob releases his.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

If it fits under your hat how can it be that big?

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Is this for the Edmonds sponsored competition Bob ?

If so great idea !

if not, great idea !

ArtU

actually I think they were punning on how "fat" I am not so much my Grr glider

note to the punner I am 92 pounds LIGHTER than when you last saw me and gett>

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

EVERYTHING is!

Bob Kaplow

I'll take a guess...

A huge flexwing glider?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Whatever it is, I'm sure pictures will show up on Chris Taylor's NARAM Live site in just over a week...

Bob Kaplow

:)

Reply to
Tim

chris: you gonna do a NARAM LIVE this year?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Last time I was at naram I was 415+ (not totally sure since no scale would go past 400 at the time. we are guessing 410-420 so I use 415)

now I am 323 pounds.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

absolutely. domain is being goofy still waiting on reply as to why its not working Grrrrr

hate it when the registrar is hard to contact.

IF for some odd reason its not up by naram this will work

thats where the domain points too :-)

I can barely afford to go so no flying this year at all most likely. will just be enjoying naram and taking tons of pictures and video.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr