NFPA 112? Questions

joel: I sent an email to Jim cook of NAR S&T monday and he's sending me the official NAR requirements for motors to be certified..once i get it i'll post the results with comments....

shockie B)

requirements

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

WOW!

Snip nothing.

I agree!

But then if I didn't I would be part of the problem.

I predict no chance in hell TRA BOD will even read this much less act on it, but well said sir.

This should be in the FAQ!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

May?

Is.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Legally is the key. If you don't care about being legal, it's possible.

Phil Ste>Dave W. wrote:

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

That must be why they say 3 and not 1, 2 ,4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9. It's a test to see if you can follow directions. 8-)

Phil Ste>>

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Certainly each of the other companies refused because they were using "Jerry's designs" but some otherOEM (ACS, DPT, PT and others).

Quite a few. But one common thread.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I have not found that to be the case with TRA. I guess it depends on who you ask.

Phil Ste>>> David Erbas-White wrote:

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

You hit it right on the head, though you missed it. NAR/TRA cannot "to add or subtract or modify any of the motor certification requirements in NFPA".

But, the NFPA is not the law of the land so your chaos statement is in fact what occurs if NAR/TRA does not demand the NFPA. If I'm in a non-1125 state, there are no rules over motor manufacture (other than open market).

Joel. phx

overstepping

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Technically one could do solids in a residential area so long as the quantities of AP did not exceed 500 pounds (in most counties), and a hazmat emergency responce and storage report has been filed with the county hazmat/FD.

They would of course have the right to add restrictions or deny it (as they did with Kosdon).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

:)

Not always humor impaired.

Jerry

"I guess this proves that no thread, no matter how flaming, is not beyond on-topic, technical redemption. :) "

- Jeff Vincent

"My problem is with association geeks who regularly invite new selective enforcement upon us by every alphabet agency with a fax number, email address, phone line or reference book mention."

- Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Having a nearly photographic memory probably helps.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

TR or not, I am much more concerned that the NAR is undermining the legal effort by declaring that APCP is not an explosive while simultaneously requiring an LEMP from manufacturers seeking to certify?

Philip

Reply to
Philip D.

Um, they have a rule. They are not enforcing a law. I have to build my rocket to certify. That is a rule. If they are in fact violating 1125,.. how? Is it a violation of 1125 to enforce it for states that haven't adopted 1125?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Why would that information be available to anyone other than the certifying body and the manufacturer. I should think they not tell you a thing. Why doesn't the manufacturer request the information and post the request and response?

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Man of action. Love it ;)

Joel. phx The TMT {short version?} policy is:

"2-4.0 Motors will be accepted for testing only when submitted by their specific manufacturer. Individuals, distributors, agents or other interested parties not directly involved in the specific operation of the motor manufacturing company shall not be permitted to submit, or be a part of the motor certification process."

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I've heard him on the radio. I thought the name was stupid. of course, KFI is known for stupid moves. Like firing Tom Leykis (i.e. listening to Dr. Turkeyneck's advice).

With a Looong drive each way I can hear a lot of radio.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Actually, the question does have a very simple answer. One of the following MUST necessarily be true:

A) the NAR holds the position that LEMP is required to manufacture APCP.

B) the NAR holds the position that a LEMP is not required to manufacture APCP.

C) the NAR holds no position regarding the requirement of possessing a LEMP to manufacture APCP.

Whether A or B are correct is a whole different discussion and bears no relevance to the original question.

PLD

Mark B. Bundick wrote:

Reply to
Philip D.

IMHO this rule was specifically written to exclude Jerry by keying off specific aspects of his circumstances (i.e., that he had motors manufactured by "outsource" suppliers to sell under his "US Rockets" brand).

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Doesn't he make his own motors?