[OT]Hanoi Jane rides again

I have no problem with war protestors, in general. But I do have a problem with this particular one.
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---26347,00.html

--
Gary "Barbarella is her defining movie." Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est

Her latest (only?) book must not be selling well, so now shes planning a new anti-war tour to drum up some TV talk show invites and publicity offers. Too bad. I think she was at her best in Barbarella. Another one of my fantasies from simpler times.
http://www.perfectpeople.net/picpage.php3/cpid 882
Harold
Gary wrote:

Hey, she had to sleep with Ted Turner. Don't you think she's suffered enough?
On a personal note, Hanoi Jane was making her infamous tour entertaining the VC troops about the time I was in Southeast Asia, just in time for Linebacker II. She was accompanied by a few more wannabee radicals including Joan (Joanie Phoney) Baez, who recorded the sound of the bombs dropping on their widdle heads and released them on her next album. I take a savage delight in listening to that recording, knowing that I helped load those bombs.
Anybody care to join me in line at the Jane Fonda memorial urinal?
Bill Sullivan
"I think so Brain, but Pete Rose? I mean, can we trust him" - Pinky

THAT's an interesting factiod!
Jerry Irvine wrote:

You know, I never did trust anyone by the name of Joan. I'll never date a Joan, again, either.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Joan , Jane both four letter words in my book! I sacraficed my copy of Barbarella to the Napalm God's when stationed in Nevada years ago. Burned it up real good!

Many of us wished she would have come south with the nva troops, so we could have given her our opions, mine would have been on the M-79 shell I had her name on.
4th Inf. Div. Central Highlands.

Telescope Buyers FAQ

Everyone has a right to their opinion... For instance, some people think it's OK to launch the unprovoked invasion of a foreign country and overthrow their government.
Jane's opinion, at least, doesn't have the force of presidential edict - so it's much less dangerous.
All that aside, she has the sexiest voice I've ever heard.
Scott Schuckert wrote:
<snip>

Unless it erodes support for those standing in harm's way, regardless of why they are standing there. Its about the soldiers now, not just Bush. During the Vietnam protests, the protesters turned against the military, unable to distinguish sworn service to country from government policy. Politicians balked and hesitated, debated and watched polls.
Our friends, relatives, sons, and daughters are over there, willing to take a bullet for their country and it's leaders. We cannot compromise them in any fashion whatsoever. I've seen it happen once. I pray we do not let it happen again.
Mr. President, go big or go home; there are no alternatives.
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est
Good post Gary.
I remember her anti-American mouth very well. I think she should go to Bagdad and visit the guys doing the kidnapping. I'd like to shake the hand of the man that recently spit in her face.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Yes, let's have concern for the victims, certainly.
It's hard to go wrong overestimating the stupidity of the public at large. The inability to distinguish between support (or scorn) for the troops, and for the war in Vietnam itself was shameful. Perhaps it was simply because the soldiers were more visable than the politicians.
However, we shouldn't allow that sad record to keep us from "compromising" in any way possible the support for the current action. Every single American over there should be on a plane tonight; tomorrow we can start sending apology letters.
BTW, I question how many of our "friends, relatives, sons, and daughters" are WILLING to take that bullet. i don't recall any interviews with service people who woke up one morning with a burning desire to invade Iraq.
Scott Schuckert wrote:

I don't know very many soldiers who WANT to go to war, fewer still who actually refused. I do know there are a great many who perform the jobs they are given without hesitation. Willingly accepting risks is an inherent trait of those who voluntarily serve in the military.
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est

Well said!
Our oldest daughter goes back for her third tour a week from Saturday. She fly's casavac. Her helo has been hit on 2 of her many trips to the front line, where ever that happens to be at the moment. My youngest son has done a tour in Afghanistan exploring caves and is serving a year in Korea as we speak.
When we talk to them about their situations and the general condition of the world we live in, their only gripe isn't about the heat, cold, food, or harshness of combat conditions. Not even about the loss of comrades. It's the way they see things portrayed in the media at home and the total lack of exposure of all the positives that have been accomplished. There is a large political faction that wants the U.S. population as a whole, to believe nothing has been accomplished and the military is not wanted there. That is a lie.
Opinions formed by watching the liberal media, are formed with only a fraction of the truth. I get my info from people I know very well and that have been on the ground in the middle of the fighting. Not from a "spin doctor on the evening news. Not from an aging bimbo actress that needs to re-energize her career at the expense of true patriots.
Do a google search for info on what prisoners of war had to say about Hanoi Jane.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

I can speak for most of us in Willaimson County, TX....in that *we* heartedly appreciate the job your children are performing; as well as saluting their sense of duty, honor, and service to our nation.
On a related note, what do you make of the current hoopla regarding Sen. McCain's cameo in the movie "The Wedding Crashers"? He has been promoting it positively, but it appears he is not even aware of what the finished product is like. It sounds as if the movie producers "hoodwinked" him; not letting him know of the movies vulgarities and rampant profanity... not to mention the plot of the main characters: falsely posing as Purple Heart recipients in an attempt to "score with chicks". Deplorable, seeing that falsely representing oneself as such, or even buying and selling of such a medal...is a crime.
--

Greg Heilers

On their behalf, thanks. We know that the vast majority here are behind the men & women serving there, as well as behind our allies.

I think it's exactly that, deplorable. It's sad how those that would never have anything to do with the military and have never served a day, want to play dress up and pretend they are military heroes.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
Greg Thank you for that. I searved starting in the late 70's and was spit on by a very nice looking young lady on my midtour leave from Germany. I was dressed (as required) in my dress uniform with all my rewuired ribbons and proudly displaying my jump wings. Well I was called baby killer and spit on. This was a few years after Vietnam and I had nothing to do with that one. A Red Cap at the Philadelphia Airport saw this and got between us and scolded her quite forcefully. I was very proud of that man that day, I did not know him at all and it amazed me that he she stand up for me the way he did. This may not seem like much but this was 1979 and he was black and I white and at that time as now that sometimes (regretably) stands in the way of what is right. I lost an my uncle and cousin at Khe Sahn during Tet. So Hanoi Jane and people like her anger me greatly, poor suffering VC yeah right talk about all the butchering they did and then we'll talk. I personally saw the same things in other parts of the world but you didn't see her or her cronies going to the aid of the victims there. Sorry folks I now return my soapbox to the closet.

In that way soldiers are no different than any one else who chooses to serve the public: firemen, policemen, paramedics, etc.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Really? Firemen, policemen, paramedics, etc., do perform public service, but they also pay overtime and don't ship you off at a moment's notice to any part of the world away from your family, with an EXTREME chance of getting killed. There's a very small percentage of those that go into the military who make it a career, because they recognize that it requires such a huge personal commitment on their part.
I would add that of the three categories, firemen far and away are more at risk than the other two.
David Erbas-White

An irrelevant argument. When they signed up for military service (remember - NONE of them were drafted!) they swore an oath to follow the orders sent down the chain-of-command, and it's their duty to carry out those orders.
And as for 'provocation'... The Butcher of Baghdad ignored no less than TWENTY-THREE UN resolutions to allow weapons inspectors to check any area they deemed appropriate to look for secret weapons-production facilities. How many more times should we let someone poke us in the eye with a stick, before we act to put a stop to it? ;-)
Len Lekx wrote:

And how many WMD or recent traces thereof, were found when coalition forces had free run of the country please?
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk