[OT]Hanoi Jane rides again

I have no problem with war protestors, in general. But I do have a problem with this particular one.

Gary

Her latest (only?) book must not be selling well, so now shes planning a new anti-war tour to drum up some TV talk show invites and publicity offers. Too bad. I think she was at her best in Barbarella. Another one of my fantasies from simpler times.

Harold

Reply to
Harold Bradtke

Hey, she had to sleep with Ted Turner. Don't you think she's suffered enough?

On a personal note, Hanoi Jane was making her infamous tour entertaining the VC troops about the time I was in Southeast Asia, just in time for Linebacker II. She was accompanied by a few more wannabee radicals including Joan (Joanie Phoney) Baez, who recorded the sound of the bombs dropping on their widdle heads and released them on her next album. I take a savage delight in listening to that recording, knowing that I helped load those bombs.

Anybody care to join me in line at the Jane Fonda memorial urinal?

Bill Sullivan

"I think so Brain, but Pete Rose? I mean, can we trust him" - Pinky

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

THAT's an interesting factiod!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You know, I never did trust anyone by the name of Joan. I'll never date a Joan, again, either.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

Everyone has a right to their opinion... For instance, some people think it's OK to launch the unprovoked invasion of a foreign country and overthrow their government.

Jane's opinion, at least, doesn't have the force of presidential edict

- so it's much less dangerous.

All that aside, she has the sexiest voice I've ever heard.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Unless it erodes support for those standing in harm's way, regardless of why they are standing there. Its about the soldiers now, not just Bush. During the Vietnam protests, the protesters turned against the military, unable to distinguish sworn service to country from government policy. Politicians balked and hesitated, debated and watched polls.

Our friends, relatives, sons, and daughters are over there, willing to take a bullet for their country and it's leaders. We cannot compromise them in any fashion whatsoever. I've seen it happen once. I pray we do not let it happen again.

Mr. President, go big or go home; there are no alternatives.

Reply to
Gary

Good post Gary.

I remember her anti-American mouth very well. I think she should go to Bagdad and visit the guys doing the kidnapping. I'd like to shake the hand of the man that recently spit in her face.

Randy

<randyolb

Yes, let's have concern for the victims, certainly.

It's hard to go wrong overestimating the stupidity of the public at large. The inability to distinguish between support (or scorn) for the troops, and for the war in Vietnam itself was shameful. Perhaps it was simply because the soldiers were more visable than the politicians.

However, we shouldn't allow that sad record to keep us from "compromising" in any way possible the support for the current action. Every single American over there should be on a plane tonight; tomorrow we can start sending apology letters.

BTW, I question how many of our "friends, relatives, sons, and daughters" are WILLING to take that bullet. i don't recall any interviews with service people who woke up one morning with a burning desire to invade Iraq.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

I don't know very many soldiers who WANT to go to war, fewer still who actually refused. I do know there are a great many who perform the jobs they are given without hesitation. Willingly accepting risks is an inherent trait of those who voluntarily serve in the military.

Reply to
Gary

An irrelevant argument. When they signed up for military service (remember - NONE of them were drafted!) they swore an oath to follow the orders sent down the chain-of-command, and it's their duty to carry out those orders.

And as for 'provocation'... The Butcher of Baghdad ignored no less than TWENTY-THREE UN resolutions to allow weapons inspectors to check any area they deemed appropriate to look for secret weapons-production facilities. How many more times should we let someone poke us in the eye with a stick, before we act to put a stop to it? ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

And how many WMD or recent traces thereof, were found when coalition forces had free run of the country please?

G.

Reply to
Graham

There were enough chemical weapons in Iraq to kill 30 to 60 thousand Kurds; the bodies are still being found in mass graves. How many people whoud need to be murdered by a government before you'd condone doing anything about it?

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Very true...but how are these chemical weapons a terror threat to the US?

Now, if dubyah only would have publicly stated the reason for the war was what you just posted this would've been a whole better argument for the war in the first place. Just eliminate the terror threat to the US BS. Terror captain Bin phucnutz still hasn't been captured yet :(

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

He did....such as the afore-mentioned 23 UN Resolutions that had not been adhered to. And the language of the UN resolutions stated that if Iraq were to be found in default...the *any* member-state, acting alone, or in cooperation with other member-states, had the authority to act; even act with military force. And also, remember, since 1998, "regime change" in Iraq had been the *official* policy of the U.S. government. How many of our so-called "leaders on the Left", before the fall of 2000, were chastising Mr. Clinton for *not* doing *more* to remove Saddam?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

And you will never see such an interview; as that would violate Media Rule #1. But I know quite a few, who since 1991, had been wanting to "finish the task". Two of these friends are back in the theater on their third tour....and they *volunteered* to return.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Well said!

Our oldest daughter goes back for her third tour a week from Saturday. She fly's casavac. Her helo has been hit on 2 of her many trips to the front line, where ever that happens to be at the moment. My youngest son has done a tour in Afghanistan exploring caves and is serving a year in Korea as we speak.

When we talk to them about their situations and the general condition of the world we live in, their only gripe isn't about the heat, cold, food, or harshness of combat conditions. Not even about the loss of comrades. It's the way they see things portrayed in the media at home and the total lack of exposure of all the positives that have been accomplished. There is a large political faction that wants the U.S. population as a whole, to believe nothing has been accomplished and the military is not wanted there. That is a lie.

Opinions formed by watching the liberal media, are formed with only a fraction of the truth. I get my info from people I know very well and that have been on the ground in the middle of the fighting. Not from a "spin doctor on the evening news. Not from an aging bimbo actress that needs to re-energize her career at the expense of true patriots.

Do a google search for info on what prisoners of war had to say about Hanoi Jane.

Randy

<randyolb

I can speak for most of us in Willaimson County, TX....in that *we* heartedly appreciate the job your children are performing; as well as saluting their sense of duty, honor, and service to our nation.

On a related note, what do you make of the current hoopla regarding Sen. McCain's cameo in the movie "The Wedding Crashers"? He has been promoting it positively, but it appears he is not even aware of what the finished product is like. It sounds as if the movie producers "hoodwinked" him; not letting him know of the movies vulgarities and rampant profanity... not to mention the plot of the main characters: falsely posing as Purple Heart recipients in an attempt to "score with chicks". Deplorable, seeing that falsely representing oneself as such, or even buying and selling of such a medal...is a crime.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I will only give my opinion that I turned into a sig-file. "A million ribbons on our cars won't bring one soldier back home safe. A million votes against those that sent him, will."

The only thing I'll say about the Bushwhacker is he's (frightenly) better than Kerry.....and Empress Hillary when she gets in next election. It's no longer a two party system, it's the ol' good cop-bad cop routine being played at our expense. Likely I'll vote Libertarian again next time.

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

If that happens I'm moving back to the great white north.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d