Plaster Blaster?

Anyone here going to the big Plaster Blaster launch this weekend?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ray.. Just park in the area with "no flying launch pads permitted" signs!

There should be quite a show with the Tomahawk drag race! I host the email list used by all the teams to interact, and this could be quite an event! (the Tomahawks are scheduled for Sat AM - last count, there will be 9 in the drag race) These are full scale (+/- a bit) flying on "M's"! Wish I could be there!

Reply to
AZ Woody

Me too! I've been waiting for this launch all year, and was planning to get aerial photos of the Tomahawk drag race, the giant Mars Lander, etc.

Unfortunately I'm needed at home right now (wife is having serious health problems) so I won't be able to make it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ray, you going? Want me to bring some Dorffler's Russian CDs?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I'll be there, and I'm bringing one of the Tomahawks. Paint (Kilz actually) goes on tonight.

Reply to
Wedge Oldham

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's health problems; I hope everything works out and she gets better very soon!

I won't be at Plaster Blaster either, but a lot of my launch systems will be, and I'll be eagerly (anxiously) waiting for news on how they work out! I keep tweaking the RTLS system with ideas (mostly from users) and improvements. I'm pretty damn proud of the latest versions; they are about the best things I've ever produced. New coils in the solenoids, a new 3000 mAh battery, a tougher HV unit in a better case, a killer new enclosure from Plano for the base unit, better switches on the hand controllers...it's been pretty nuts. Now to see if the people whose opinions really matter agree with me.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

Thanks! She just started a new series of treatments this week, and is finally making some real progress.

Reply to
RayDunakin

That's good to hear. Attitude is crucial in long-term illnesses, and I'm sure your attitude helps. The very best to both of you.

Reply to
Doug Pratt