Prices on ebay...

Check out the final price for this Cox rocket (and from the best I can see, one of the sides of the SI-C is missing from the kit):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item `64279459
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

Well the price is right, but the condition of the kit ISN'T. If it had been MINT in the box, the price would have been a deal for COLLETORS, not people trying to turn a profit in a months' time. This is the original Sat V that is put together like a plastic airplane kit. The molds no longer exist. Like I said, if it had been MINT and not assembled and missing parts, it would have been a great price to a COLLECTOR. I think it was probably bought to either complete a kit (better condition box, or parts) or by someone who didn't care about the condition and realized the rarity of it. The parts can actually be unglued by soaking them in dish detergent and paint removed.
Looks like the bidder has been picking up several Sat V kits including some other Cox stuff. Maybe they'll corner the market. :)
--David

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:11:01 -0700, David Erbas-White

I'm not surprised. A couple of years ago, Larry Rice and I sold a plastic model we found in someone's old collection for close to $200 on eBay--and as I recall it was in less than perfect condition.
Scott Orr