Project Starlight ... and why Robert Kaplow should be worried!

Depends on how one defines majority. Parlimentary procedures usually define:

51% = "Simple Majority" 2/3 or 66% = "Super Majority" .... such as to break a filibuster in the US Senate

and in some cases bylaws or rules may dictate 3/4 or 75% is required to pass certain motions.

DSC

Reply to
stealthboogie

AH! It's interesting that you should mention JFK, since he's also a president who bought his election (I still remember as a child looking at a billboard that proclaimed his landslide victory.....in the Electorial College, that doesn't have to vote according to the voting block they "represent"...and my going "huh?" because it didn't add up in my mind). But, being a good guy Demoncrat Holy Roman (catholic) Emperor, no one wants to think about THAT. The good guys don't DO that, right?

Right. It's why I usually vote 3rd party.

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

In other words, nothing at all.

Reply to