pros and cons list for Pro38 and Aerotech engines.

I like the Aerotech stuff because there are more reload choices per casing. With a lot of the AT cases,(but not all) there are 4 different reloads
available for it at varying thrust levels.
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Pro38 do 62.5g reloads and 64.5g in the classic range giving a slight thrust variation
ProX - Pro
They great!! easy to assemble and use. Adjustabe delay They are AVAILABLE here in the UK. Similar hardware price to Pre-fire AT no fidley washer to acccidently bin when cleaning the case :-( Very little case cleanup (though plenty of pad cleanup after launching SS reloads all day)
I like to see white thunder reloads in the Pro38 and 54 range to
Prox - Con Only one on a really my personal opinion is that the end closure on the pro54 range is well over prices for what is in essence a turned peice of ally
AT - Pro The cases make nice shelf ornament (well mine do now!)
AT - Con No longer any reaching the UK. The assembly method compared to CTI now looks dated and fidely What reloads did make it into the country post fire where hiked up in price. They left it so long with out any motors over here that a good proportion of flyers now have flown nothing but CTI and will continue to do so, it's only those of us who've been flying a while that have any AT hardware.
CTI Motors are here to (i hope) stay in the UK they will have such a market share that i can't believe we will realisticly ever see AT HPR reloads over here again.
There only chance is to try and get some SU or 24/29mm stuff here as there is currently no expectation of these from CTI and they'd better hurry if Congrieve start shipping there USR motors soon then they will have that market share cornered.
I'd like to see AT back if only to get a chance to fly some of my 29mm rockets and give my cases a dusting but i won't hold my breath.
Damian
-- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO EARS 1115 http://www.ukrocketry.com
email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:36:47 -0000, "Damian Burrin"

Damian, check with Pete, but he gave me the impression that we wouldn't he getting any more 64.5g reloads.

Ah! I got the impression that the 62.5US reloads where ordered by mistake and we would normally get the 64.5 Canadian ones
-- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO EARS 1115 http://www.ukrocketry.com
email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com
wrote:

thrust
On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:34:32 -0000, "Damian Burrin"

As I said I'm certain, but that was the impression I got.

Maybe CTI is standardizing on the US one to ease production simplicity gentlemen. Speculation.

Speculation, but logical.
here are the CTI 64.5g reloads and expirations as of 11/15/3
265H110-13A    6-30-03    TRA 402I170-15A    7-31-03    TRA 670J300-15A    6-30-03    TRA 800J360-15A    6-30-03    TRA
137G60-12A    3-31-05    TRA 540I240-15A    6-30-04    TRA
- iz
Darren J Longhorn wrote:

The TRIPOLI experation dates mean nothing to us UKRA wasn't daft enough to enforce a restrictive motor certification policy.
If they've been through the UK legal HSE requirements then they're legal to buy in the UK then we fly them. -- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO EARS 1115 http://www.ukrocketry.com
email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com

sounds like you have more sense than alot of us yanks!
- iz
Damian Burrin wrote:

perhaps..perhaps not.....you will notice that most HPR rocketeers in the UK, have a explosives license and a magazine to store such explosives in.....its not optional, its required...... which is what the NAR/TRA are fighting against here.... hmmm doesn't anybody find it interesting that in the UK, the HPR rocketeers don't seem to have a problem with explosives licenses and explosives magazines.... ohh wait a minute, this is the same country that basically forbids citizens to own firearms..... I might add that this explosive license is required on motors greater than Estes D size.....
so be careful when comparing apples and oranges.... shockie B)

ECXEPT specific UN numbers. Unlimited size and quantity.
Also there there are "the police" not 15 layers of conflicting jurisdiction police:
FBI ATF State Trooper County Sheriff Local police school police metro police park police forest service couty hazmat etc, etc, etc
Here in USA if you have a permit, it is a waiver of some very narrow subsection of code orlaw and you are "on your own" with the rest.
A UK permit ALLOWS you to posess, transport, store, discharge, dispose, etc every aspect of the designated materials IN GENERAL.
God save the queen.
Jerry

Bit of a simplification. Generally you have to deal with three bodies.
The core document is either the "license to acquire" or "license to acquire and keep". You get this from your local Police. This is free, and is renewable either every year or every three years.
If you choose the "License to acquire" route, you're done. You can buy motors on site, but you have to have arrangements in place for storage in case you can't use them, as you can't take them away with you. Usually your vendor will take care of that, but it's perfectly OK if your buddy looks after the motors for you.
If you go the "license to acquire and keep", you need a registered store. You get that from either the local Fire Service or Local Trading Standards Officer (depends where you live). Renewable annually, it costs the equivalent of about $20.
If you have a "license to acquire and keep" you also need a "Recipient Competent Authority" document. You get this by faxing your "license to acquire and keep" & "registered store" documentation to the HSE. They send you the "RCA" the next day.
Might sound complicated, but it isn't. People generally only have problems if they are either dealing with local officials who have never heard of hobby rocketry before, or they're nuts.

Compared to our system it sounds fast, easy, cheap and simple!

Hardly an issue.
This is something we've always had to do. The certificate is applied for and is free 'police or fire service' do an inspection of your method of storage.
The 'explosive magazine' or storage device can be anything from a lockable draw. Most the guys i know use army surpless amunition boxes and line them with wood.

No we don't anyone can own a firearm in the UK you just have to register it.
Our gun crime might be on the up since the market was flooded with ex eastern block hardware. however it's still a lot lower than the US.
Registration dosn't stop the nutters getting guns, but at least it not a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted which is what seems to be happening in the US at the moment.

says the guy comparing guns to HPR
Damian -- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO EARS 1115 http://www.ukrocketry.com
email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com

enough
legal

<< hmmm doesn't anybody find it interesting that in the UK, the HPR rocketeers don't seem to have a problem with explosives licenses and explosives magazines... >>
Maybe in the UK storage and permits are easier to get then they are over here? I doubt there would be much complaint here if the permits were cheap, simple and readily available.

rocketeers
here?
simple
I'f storage were allowed in homes and attached garages without red tape, and the permits were stright forward, without all the red tape, I think it would be more accepted, like it seems to be in the UK.
The US agency is making a real debacle out of it at the current time, and doesn't even know it's own rules.

<< The US agency is making a real debacle out of it at the current time >>
I think that's probably due to their desire not merely to license users, but to restrict usage of "prohibited" materials as much as possible. A "we can't outright ban it, so let's regulate it to death" approach.

The actual reason is they have no legal jurisdiction no matter what license applicants or the ATF says.
Jerry