Re: Best 38mm Motor?

Jerry Irvine will sell you EX reloads for AT/DrRocket hardware

> >-- >James Dean Cory

Wrong. EX as defined by TRA, requires the propellant be made by the flyer, or a member of the flyers team.

I'll leave the rest up to Jerry for confirmation as to whether he is marketing said reloads.

Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles

NAR roots are about as far from EX as you can get. Back in the 50s it was either home brew or nothing. Many of the home made stuff was VERY dangerous, done by kids who had no idea what they were doing. Model rocketry was a safe alternative, and has proven itself for almost half a century.

EX is a TRA 'invention' that is known elsewhere as amateur rocketry. Per TRA 'EX' rules, you can not buy motors or reloads from a vendor, you have to make them yourself.

Bob Kaplow

I've heard Jerry doesn't sell reloads any more. Are you sure he still sells them?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Even if he did, they'd not be considered "EX" in the TRA sense of the word!

Reply to
AZ Woody

No, they'd be "genuine Amateur motors... and proud of it!"...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Dave W. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
Phil Stein

Is this really our long lost Dancing Baby posting from the Texas Snowbelt?

Bob Kaplow

When I saw that rule, my reaction was "no wonder they won't let him join again".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

From what I hear, all he need do is agree to follow the rules, like everyone else. Must be time for a JI New Years resolution.. (:-)

Fred Wallace

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

As I understand it, the actual sticking point in the negotiations was the part about agreeing to "apologize" for things that didn't actually happen. (I'm not sure where that part is in the rules.)

I could see someone not wanting to do something like that: it might confuse the historical record, even if all those involved knew that it was actually a PR gesture to give TRA a way to back down from the "exclusion game" without having to lose face.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

assemble 6 reloads and then tell me they are really a headache.

this makes one wonder why a person should even bother with reloads. I mean take a single use, stick it in a rocket with a slimline retainer, and you got the same thing, right?

no, But I believe it shouldn't be as easy as the pro38 system. making it easy makes it available for the masses, and some of the masses shouldn't be trusted with a "screw together and go" motor in the listed sizes

Reply to
tater schuld

James,

Why bother with reloads at all when there is single use. Think of all the time you could save with RTF HP kits, too. ;-)

Some (most) HP flyers like the added involvement reloads provide. And the additional exhaust effects. And the per-flight cost savings over most SU/ASU.

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

I'm still waiting for Richard Parkin to put the I435T he's got in another Cirrus Dart - I think that combination would take the UKRA I record, if it's ever found ;-)

Niall

Reply to
Niall Oswald

James,

All 29 & 38mm HP AeroTech reloads are shipped with a delay charge, ejection charge and an igniter.

All other HP reloads are shipped with a delay/smoke charge.

A few 54mm reloads are sold in a plugged configuration only (K1275R, K700W).

All 75 and 98mm reloads are sold plugged but include smoke charges.

There was a time after the 10/15/01 fire when some reloads were sold with separated components because of shipping and other issues. It had nothing to do with 9/11.

Gary

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

Negotiations? You make it sound like JI had something to bargin with. I believe it was one of those; you want to rejoin, here is what you need to do, JI declined, and was not allowed to rejoin. I guess you could stretch that process as an example of a negotiation; although a bit one sided at best, with little or no wiggle room.

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I understand you point but I find that behavior inconsisitent with someone that has been convivted of fraud & hidden behind bankruptcy.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Well, then "terms" if you will.

My point is that what was demanded went beyond "agree to follow the rules".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Well, there you go... there's been so much shit said about him that he'd probably hate to "muddy up the water" by claiming/admitting to have "done" something that didn't even happen.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

What didn't happen?