It's official. Bruce Kelly sells U.S. Rockets motors at Balls 2005

It's official. Bruce Kelly sells U.S. Rockets motors at Balls 2005.
That's right folks, several reliable witnesses saw Bruce Kelly selling a
stash of U.S. Rockets motors at Balls 2005. Since Bruce was not a commercial customer, the edumacated inference is these were from the Certification submissions.
And now the other shoe drops.
He was ALLOWED to sell them at this "sanctioned" TRA launch.
Frank Kosdon is quoted as saying upon hearing the news, "I can't sell my motors at a TRA launch, Jerry can't sell motors at a TRA launch but Bruce Kelly can sell Jerry's motors at a TRA launch."
Kosdon further notes, "Balls 2004 had Dos Bruces with kitchenaid motors blowing up. Balls 2005 has Bruce Kelly selling Jerry motors. Desperate people do desperate things."
The hypocracy just went as high over my boots as a New Orleans flood zone.
Jerry
1) I don't believe it is true, and
2) TRA regulates what motors people can FLY at a launch, not what motors people SELL.
-- David

David wrote:

If that's true, why can't Frank and Jerry SELL their motors at a TRA launch?
Mario
Mario Perdue wrote:

Who says they can't?
Bearing in mind, most people like to fly what they buy.

Looking for a list?
It is long.

Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, That's not an answer to My question.

Ah, the obvious question from a rational soul.
And to think he has not learned yet about "Kellyball".
Jerry
Mario Perdue wrote:

Jerry would probably be thrown out of most TRA launches if he showed up, but that's the perogative of the local launch organizers. As for Frank, how many motors would he sell if people can't fly them at the launch?
As someone else pointed out, most people want to fly what they buy, at the launch they are attending.
TRA regulates what motors can be sold by virtue of the fact that they 1 of 2 certfying entities that certify hpr motors for sale and use in the usa...You would think that Bruce Kelly would know this as he is the TRA NFPA primary representative.
ask me if i care.. NO.
shockie B)

POINT.
Maybe he thinks he has some sort of "executive exemption" like the folks at Tyco and Enron did.
shockwaveriderz wrote:

Wrong. They certify motors for sale as "high power rocket motors". They do not regulate the sale of motors nor do they regulate or certify motors that do not fall into that category (industrial, pyrotechnic, etc).
Anyone can sell any motor, legally or illegally, and TRA has no power or authority to stop them. They do restrict what motors can be flown at sanctioned launches.
I guess BK doesn't believe his own hype: an obvious case where self-regulation didn't work....
oh well
shockie B)

Simple. Check your OWN direct sources and get back to us.
And when the answer presents itslef, please be so kind as to save me the bandwidth, and just openly say "Jerry DID tell us so."
Then everyone else please join in the chorus.
Jerry

Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, Explain to Us all why you think it' ok for you to sell uncertified us rocket motors, but yet, you think that it is wrong for Bruce Kelly to sell uncertified us rocket motors, from His private collection?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Frank(not zappa) tell you this?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Well, he could have gotten them from someone else. However, even it they were the motors you submitted, since you shipped them illegally and failed to meet the other requirements for certification, the loss of the motors is your own fault.

So what? TRA has no restrictions on what people fly at sanctioned launches, not what they sell.

You and Frank both could sell motors at a TRA launch (unless the launch organizers prohibit it for some reason), but the buyers could not fly them at a sanctioned launch.

It is my fault TRA TMT never, ever contacted me to "pick them up at my own risk and expense"?
It is my fault they end up in the separate, private, posession of someone with the clearest conflict of interest imaginable?
How did you say he got them again?
And how do you claim it is okay for him to SELL them?
At a TRA launch?
Hmmm?
Jerry
Curious.

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Where is it written that they have any obligation to do that?

Allegedly. So far I've seen no proof that these motors are the same motors you submitted for cert.

I didn't. I suggested the possibility that he acquired them through a third party. Like you, I have no direct knowledge of how he got them. You ought to remember that from when we were in court.

I claim it's "ok" for anyone to sell any motors, certified or not, legal or not. They just can't fly uncertified motors at sanctioned launches. Of course, those running the launch may choose not to allow someone to sell uncertified motors at their launch, but that's their choice.

As long as he's not claiming they're certified, as you did, I don't see a problem with it. Especially since he's not a manufacturer or vendor. He's just one guy selling some old motors out of his personal collection. That's entirely different from a manufacturer trying to pass off uncertified motors as certified.
Ray, the only reason I stop at RMR from time to time is to see if Jerry has gone off the deep end. He is getting real close.
Or he posts while drinking.....
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On 19 Sep 2005 23:53:28 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

I got some from Ken Allen. Ray - where did you get yours? Just because someone has been known to rip people off, doesn't mean they steal everything.