It's official. Bruce Kelly sells U.S. Rockets motors at Balls 2005

Yes, but he was selling them from a box labeled "Model Airplane Parts".
POINT!!!!
Three Pointer! Half court shot!

Why doesn't Jerry use NAR to certify his motors? . . . .

I'll give you three guesses. Here's a hint - Big Fine also there is more than one answer but any correct answer is FINE.
Shit, I wonder if he had any H160's??(;-)
Fred
Jerry Irvine wrote:

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:42:15 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

Maybe someone will post to formula here. ;-)
Phil Stein wrote:

I can do that...(:-)
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:55:33 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

Come on - don't hold back on us. It's not like it belongs to anyone. Hell there's not even anyone using it.
Phil Stein wrote:

Didn't somebody already do that?
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:37:42 GMT, Dave Grayvis

No. Here's your big chance.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Not being a TRA member, I thought that Balls was for "experimental" motors, either home made, or non-certified; of which Jerry's are apparently are.
Non the question is where did Bruce get them (does he have a bill of sale) ???
John

Actually, TRA EX really means homebrew or a mix with certified. It clearly restricts non certified motors where the non-certified motors were not made by someone on the flight team. So, for example. Frank could have one of his motors in a bird flown at an EX launch if he was a TRA L2 or above and was part of the project team.
Now, while I think BK may have done kind of a weird thing by selling USR motors at a TRA endorsed launch, it's in many ways no different than if BK set up a grill and sold burgers and dogs...
The problem isn't that the motors were sold at the launch, but it is a problem if the motors were actually flown at the launch. And that's not BK's problem, unless he was the RSO for the flights.
(Note: I'm keeping all ATFE details out of this discussion)
AZ Woody wrote:

Yea, but you would think, all the bitching and moaning done by Bruce concerning JI, while he was in the chair at Tripoli, would of caused Bruce to refrain from selling JI motors at a TRA function. Maybe integrity is not an issue for Bruce. Remember, perception is reality for those who believe.

When it comes to integrity with BK, all I need is three simple letters. HPR.
AZ Woody wrote:

...except when you factor in how the BK-run BoD responded to Frank Kosdon selling motors at TRA launches....

Ya, I know... I was a Prefect at the time of the springfest when Frank was told by BK about the TRA rules and banning his stuff. I was within 10' of frank, as BK wanted all the prefects there.
But we all know that BK isn't the brightest bulb on the string - look at what he did with HPR - it's now defunct! But in reality, BK selling USR motors in this case is no different than if Troj sold USR motors to Azwoody at a launch in ne. The real issue is if they were flown at a TRA launch.

THat's one issue. The other would be how Bruce got the motors. THey may have been legit. THey may be some of the USR motors that were submitted for testing by Jerry that 'vanished', in which case they weren't Bruce's to sell.
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

If Kosdon was restricted at TRA launches, it's probably because he is an unlicensed manufacturer. It seems to me that TRA has a right to place restrictions on unlicensed manufacturers at their launches, even if they do not restrict individuals selling old stock from personal collections.
I hope that TRA never attempts to place restrictions on individuals selling old motors just to placate two unlicensed manufacturers who refuse to conform with the cert requirements.
˛
John Karpich wrote:

Why don't you give Bruce a call and ask him??(;-)
Fred

Hi John.
TRA EX is for home made or team made motors, if a professional motor house makes them, they must be part of a team and making motors that are not offered for commercial sale.
Commercial motors that are certified or not certified have been prohibited for awhile. back in the old, old days they were allowed.