3 months
Reply to
Dlogan

PMC (Plastic Model Conversion)

3 months

David S. Chen

Reply to
Davidhuifang

If it's votin' you want, it's votin' you'll get!

A DownScale Project (MicroMax for wee darts, 1/4A for Bigger downsized)

2 Month

The micromax motors aren't on the shelves around these parts (VT) anymore, but I've still got some stock from last year.

This'll be just the thing for us forested folk who have trouble finding anything bigger than a tree lined softball field to fly on.

ScottE

Reply to
ScottE

Folks,

I just talked with Brian about this thread and we came up with the following offer:

If this group chooses a Kit-Bash of the FlisKits U.S.S. Grissom for DESCON 12, FlisKits will prepare a modified U.S.S. Grissom for the occasion.

The modified kit would contain ALL of the parts of the standard kit (including the large sheet of silk screened waterside decals) but would contain no documentation. Missing from the kit would be the Hang Tag, Color Cover Art, Instructions and Fin Pattern Sheet. Seeing as the goal her would be to bash some other model from the kits parts, these items would be of little use and simply add cost to the kit.

In addition, this modified kit would be reduced in price 15% (or $25.45

- more than a $4.00 savings over retail). This special would be reserved for those who are participating in the DESCON 12 contest and would be available for the duration of the contest. For those of you who would prefer getting all of the documentation with your kit would still be able to order the full up kit from our web site at our regular price.

This offer will go into effect if this event is chosen for DESCON 12. Shipping may be delayed a day or two beyond our normal next day shipping as these kits would be kitted to order for the most part.

If this happens I will post instructions for how to order your modified U.S.S. Grissom Kit-Bash kit.

Another consideration is that this month (September) is our 1st anniversary of business and as a "thank you" to all of our customers we are offering free shipping for the month of September. Details will be posted on our web site shortly.

So let us know what you folks decide! jim

zak ori>I would like to see the kitbash. Looking around I have only seen one kit

Reply to
Jim Flis

Good job Jim. Bless this vendor.

This reminds me to ask if a winter BFF is in order.

Buying Frenzy Fad for the uninitiated.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine
2) "Best Comedy Sci-Fi Ship" 3 months

-DanB

Reply to
DanB

My vote is for a contest that awards 1 mission point for each of the following catagories:

Kit bash the Grissom Cluster Micro Max

3 month duration

steve

Reply to
default

Micro-Maxx cluster Grissom kitbash, just to be very difficult!

Paatrick

Reply to
IceAge

Ain't been around here much lately. Glad to see there's active interest in DESCON.

my vote:

1) Comedy Sci-Fi 2) cluster

3 months.

-- Kelo Waivio NAR 72132 SMASH 500

Epoxy can be cured.....

Reply to
Kelo Waivio

Ditto that.

Mark Simpson
2 days left to vote for a theme and duration. A couple are really close (look through this thread).

Also, check out the prize offerings so far on our very preliminary webpage:

http:\\

\prizes.shtml I'll be working on the site set up this weekend and go "live" on Monday.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

Just started my own version of a Fliskits BFF. I have recently purchased and built a Corona, Dueces Wild and Richter Wrecker...Love these kits....they are great.

Mark A Palmer TRA 08542 L3

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

You got some great kits there! The Corona design was the anniversary kit of the last NEMROC (New England Model ROcketry Convention) in 1990, so it has an interesting history. The Deuce's Wild! has become a world-wide phenomenon and the Richter Recker is just kewl *S*

Glad you are enjoying them! jim

Mark A Palmer wrote:

Reply to
Jim Flis

How soon will they be available? I will want 2 kits right away

Reply to
Tater Schuld

Information will be following shortly as soon as I pass it on to Nick. stay tuned :) jim

Tater Schuld wrote:

Reply to
Jim Flis