Re: Open letter to Bruce Kelly - HPR lack of quality

Ray,

Read Tripoli Report December 2002 Page 11 bottom of the second column. It might make you change your mind. You are off by 5 issues.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

RMR court. I'll be da judge.

Phil Ste>>

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Who are you calling a lackie? Just because you emotionally tied up in this doesn't make me a lackie. I'm passing on the information I've received and without bias (I think)

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

It would make Bob feel better.

Phil Ste>

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com:

So what happened to the money that TRA members payed for magazines that they didn't get?

Reply to
David W.

For allegations of illegal activity, a court.

Reply to
Gary

It was deducted the unproduced issue money from the HPR money that they gave bruce when they cashed him out. About teo years ago, they said people that were missing issues could have their membership extended if requested. If it wasn't requested, they didn't get anything. I forget what they said they were going to do with that money. Maybe use it on the lawsuit or, buy Bob Kaplow a new truck? I'm not sure.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Some time in 2000, I requested a "sample issue" of HPR Magazine from the TRA website. Since the webform seemed to be broken, I was a little bit surprised when (a few months later) I actually got an issue in the mail. (It was the one with "Mind's Eye" multiple-camera rocket, and the 4-part series on the Tripoli Nebraska "giant scale" Mercury Redstone.)

I had the same general reaction to the layout that George is mentioning above - too many of the pages had the text superimposed over a full-page photo background, which made the text harder to read, and must have cost extra at the printer.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

as long as we can be in the courtroom, like the tawdry characters in the "Star Trek Next Generation" where Q held Picard to account for the state of humanity.

- iz

Phil Ste> RMR court. I'll be da judge.

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

That's a year old. It is my understanding that the five issues which were paid for in advance (and those were the only issues that were ever paid for in advance) have since been produced.

Reply to
RayDunakin

David W. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

and how many were "double issues" ?

- iz

RayDunak> Phil wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m01.aol.com:

I'm not a member, so my questions aren't worthy of an answer.

Reply to
David W.

No. It was an easy pay plan spread out over 2 years. Tripoli Repot Dec 2002 Page 17 1st column 4th bullet -

1 issue in 2002 2 issues each in 2003 & 2004.

Phil Stein

Phil Ste>Phil wrote:

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

You are a member and on the list. You probably have already been told. Share.

But let me predict. It was absorbed into the general unallocated TRA fund.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Seriously?

Cite them.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

An "issue" merely sub-titled double issue, is still "an issue".

Just contract reading Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's a perfect deal for Bruce. He gets ALL the money up front, without doing anything.

And in a bizare way, I think it's perfect for Bruce's detractors, myself included. He'll get the money up front, piss it all away, and not have anything left to actually deliver the magazines. If anything this will hasten him going totally under.

The only losers with this deal are the TRA members still foolish enough to keep subscribing to this scam.

Bob Kaplow

Could someone scan this and send it to Jerry for his web site.

And the one where Bruce Lee accidentally mentioned the IRS fines for not submitting paperwork.

Bob Kaplow