Re: Open letter to Bruce Kelly - HPR lack of quality

IIRC it went towards the mortgage...

Bob Kaplow

Who, me? Have a website? :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This post scares me, not because it lacks logic, but because it lacks historical perspective. This scam and minor vartiations of the "efforts to fix it" have been going on for 10 YEARS and this is STILL happening. Year after year. There is an entire industry surrounding "fixing Bruce's problems so HPR can get back on track".

As if it was ever on a track to get off of!

Jerry

"One person's sacred cow is another's hamburger."

- Celeste Dolan Mookherjee

"Society often forgives the criminal; it never forgives the dreamer."

- Oscar Wilde

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."

- Sir Winston Churchill

"Our enemies are never villains in their own eyes, but that does not make them less dangerous. Appeasement, however, nearly always makes them more so."

- Don Dixon

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Really?!? And how were those of us who were no longer members suppose to know about this offer and be reimbursed for the 10, 20, 30 issues we never received over the years?

What was anyone removed from TRA suppose to do to get reimbursed for undelivered magazines?

I love how the only choices are keep belonging to this screwed up organization, gift the money to us, or the unstated option, if you are no longer a member, too bad for you.

If TRA did not pay Bruce the money, why not REFUND it to the people who paid, current member or not?

Phil, you don't need to answer. I was a TRA member when all this "ancient history" as the TRA apologist call it was going on. It was wrong. It was illegal. It was impossible to fix it. I don't expect anything different from TRA now than what I've seen in the past.

Reply to
Carl Ebbinghaus

I'm well aware of the history, and that this change will do nothing to fix the problem. As I stated, it will hasten the final demise of this whole mess, which in a bizarre way has some good.

But Jerry is just jealous. If Jerry lives another 100 years he couldn't rip off as many people a Bruce has gotten away with inthe past decade as HPR publisher. And most of Bruces victims are happy to be taken again and again and again. He must be related to P.T. Barnum.

I had to save this post twice. Once in my TRA.FAQ file and one in my quotes file...

Bob Kaplow

Any chance of your not repeating the ripoff thing in light of the many posts I have made to try to seek them out and all?

And the ONE that came forward some 3 years ago I instantly made good.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Value added Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Carl,

I'm just a member like you were. A lot of this predates my membership but, I know some of the history. All I can say is that it is being recognised that there are problems and in my opinion something is being done. It's happening SLOWLY which is better than not at all..

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

I've bought from Jerry and will again. I believe his policy of billing on delivery negates the potential for ripoff.

Mark A Palmer TRA08542 L3

Jerry Irv> In article ,

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

LOL... funny 4 2 many reasons!

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Sorry Jerry. Just read your post. I know it's a sore spot. Just thought it was witty humor, nothing more.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Do you do acceptance testing on delivery before payment? If not, there is still potential for ripoff.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Appreciate the humor, dislike the sore.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

My reply is simple. Has anyone who asked for a legit refund or credit ever been denied? Legit necessarily includes contacting the manufacturer unlike for example Foxeye

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Can we do acceptance testing on HPR magazine for HPR content prior to acceptance?

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I hope you're right. I support a number of groups I believe in even when I don't get to participate as much as I would like. Hopefully some day I, and others, can believe in TRA again.

I'm NOT going to hold my breath tho'

Reply to
Carl Ebbinghaus

I certainly do. I buy occasional issues of HPR and ER at retail stores, but only after browsing the content. NOw, when I wrote the line about acceptance testing, I was really thinking about uncertified motors, rather than cardboard tubes and such. I have no distrust of Jerry filling orders. Still, I like buying from retail stores where I can examine the merchanise before I buy.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

That is a HUGE variance from the rmr/TRA party line.

Ironically NAR has no party line on the topic.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point!