Re: Supplemental: Descon12 - Need RMR Direction

I think I agree with Steve.
All micro max would likely result in some very unsafe flights, since
with the weight of the parts it looks like you need a cluster of at
least 12 to get an above ground ejection delay on the MMX 2, and
probably 20 to get a safe stable flight.
Of course it could be done with just 2 or 3 MMX and a flash pan /
closed tube launcher (mortar), wouldn't even matter how many lit, as
long as one did for ejection. I don't think we should encourage that
kind of design.
Bob
Descon12 Rule (set my me): "For the 0.2 Mission Point, it is supposed
>to be all MicroMaxx."
>
>Steve wrote: "Hmmm. This decision I'd rather see put up to a vote.
>I'm more inclined to believe that "using" micro max would qualify, not >limited to."
>
>What say you RMR group?
>
>Nick
Reply to
Bob n Robin
I would say all MMaxx since if I add a MMaxx to anything over a 1/2A the MMaxx is essential nothing. Special Effects. IE it contributes virtually nothing on the higher scales.
Its like adding a 1/2A6-2 to a J powered Cluster Model.
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
how about a Parts list for a Micro Maxx Scaled Grissom.
Would solve the power issues. we do it for HPR so my not for NPR
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
How about if we only allow one other motor, and only up to an A103T? It is a lot of kit, and kit bashing tends to add considerable weight.
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau
NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply
Reply to
Doc
I'd go along with "using" over "limited to". a couple micromaxx should be fine outboards :-) kinda like the old MRC fx motors.
Dan Chandler Southern New England Association of Rocketry
Dan Chandler
I like adding A-8-3's on my J models Chris !
Reply to
Art Upton
I have listed two online sites in the links section that both confirmed they had MicroMaxx motors, Discount Rocketry and A2Z Hobbies. If there are others I will list them too.
Nick
EMRR
Bearing in mind that all these other submissions would be accepted, however, to gain the 0.15 mission points for MMaxx and ultimately the 0.4 bonus mission points. So the idea is that to get all the mission points it will be challenging.
So you may not be able to get all the mission points but have a design that is so wonderful that the votes drive it to the top.
We'll wait another day or so and finalize this from the comments in this thread.
Nick
Reply to
EMRR
It seems to me that the challange to this mission objective is to cluster the MMX motors.
My inclination would be to say that to satisfy this objective you have to use more than 1 MMX motor.
This would let you have a central, larger, motor to have a nice safe flight and also require the clustering of the MMX motors.
nOrM
Reply to
Norman Dziedzic Jr
i say keep the reqirements as is. i already an researching plans for two entries that meet ALL requirements
Reply to
tater schuld
yeah I did not read it all and was not aware at that moment what the contest was.
Why not a parts list for micromaxx like we have for high power ?
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
I think that should be updated by the way nick.
as much 7mm tube as needed but only for MMT's
if someone clusters 6 inches limits you to 3 or 4 engine cluster.
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
sure and that is fine but you can not call it an A8-3 powere model now can you.
the point is the A8 is insignificant to the rocket. an afterthought.
Anyone can make a 10 pound rocket fly on a J but now making a cluster rocket micromaxx that must be clustered to fly successfully.
IE I just think the Micromaxx's shoudl supply "significant" thrust to the model. enough that it would fly "differently" without them.
but its irrelevant anyway. since its a grissom kitbash mmaxx engines are useless. no big deal.
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
Consider this closed, see THREAD: Supplemental: Descon Rules Updated-Closed
Reply to
EMRR
"Chris Taylor Jr" wrote in message
ya just need talent
Reply to
tater schuld
The tube doesn't have to be as long as the motor... 1/4" should hold a uMax straight.
Tom
Reply to
Tom Binford
but it would make sealing things up more challenging and maybe heavier which MMAxx does not need.
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr