shipping rocketry components international

Would there be legal issue with shipping kits to Taiwan? I asked giant leap rocketry about it but they never answered my email. Even if I cant fly
rockets that doesnt mean I cant build static displays... I just know its going to be expensive...
tai fu wrote:

Check with your equivalent of the US State Department; they're the ones who would likely have control over what can and cannot be shipped into the country.
-Kevin

Not a problem.
tai fu wrote:

Isn't Giant Leap based in New Orleans?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

Yes and no... Ed, the owner, is in Louisiana, but the warehouse and guy who makes and ships all the parts is in Kansas.
-Kevin
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:05:26 -0500, the notorious t-e-d
Baton Rouge, according to their website at:
http://www.giantleaprocketry.com
I'm not sure what conditions are like in Baton Rouge, as the news coverage we're getting in .la.ca.us is focused on New Orleans, as that appears to be the city hardest hit by Katrina. After all, the important thing for "news" coverage is "out-destructioning" your competition, not reporting on the full extent of the impact on the nation as a whole. Pictures of the hardest-hit areas are what keep the viewers tuned in, not information about other areas.
- Rick "What, me cynical?" Dickinson
--
"Has anyone got a reference cynic? I think I need to
recalibrate myself."

LA government operations are being transferred to Baton Rouge, so it must have mere hurricane damage and no significant flooding.
I heard one of the greatest problems slowing evac was many, many poor folks either didn't have cars or money for gas for the cars they had. This hurricane hit a day or two before welfare checks were due.
It seems to me future FEMA evacuation requests might include transportation as well.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Yeah, it seems to me it would have been a lot easier to bring in buses to evacuate those people _before_ the storm, than to try to rescue/evacuate them _after_ the storm.

Point.
On 1 Sep 2005 19:04:11 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Maybe the government was counting on conditions not being that bad, so they could save the money of an evac? Then after the fact, they got caught with their pants down. Poor management, any way you look at it... How many people survived the initial disaster, only to die due to the horrific environment afterwards...? :-(
Eldred
yea just one question, what does shipping rocket kits overseas have to do with Katrina?

New Orleans is a major international shipping port. So if you are shipping large and dangerous rocket kits down the Mississippi River by barge, Katrina delays shipping. ;)

I just exchanged some emails with a cousin at LSU, in Baton Rouge. They were without power for most of Mon/Tues, but are otherwise OK. They are the closest safe place for New Orleans refugees, so traffic, both ground and air, is stressed.
It didn't sound like they took significant damage. Certainly not the extent of NO, Biloxi, or Mobile.

I don't think there are issues on this side.
tai fu wrote:

Lots of good vendors out there willing to ship overseas. Giant Leap, PerfectFlite, Binder, Pratt, Rebel to name but a few who have shipped to me. Also heard good things about USR - must give them a try soon.

Yep