Small Pet Fish Now Considered Threat To National Security

Ah, yes, security by obscurity. We see how well it works for microsoft OS vulnerabilities; let's apply the same principle to the defense of the Nation. ("If nobody can look up where anything is, then they can't attack it...?")

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

note this post: The FBI noted that use of almanacs or maps may be innocent

"MAY" ?

Reply to
Almax714

But more likely may not.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Exactly what papers are they checking? And what warrant do they use to justify the search?

"Just say no" to illegal searches.

Bob Kaplow

Catholic on Friday...

Bob Kaplow

A Monty Python variety?

Bob Kaplow

I've always wanted to know what, when subjected to x-rays, will do something nasty or reactive. Or perhaps transmute from lead into gold...

Bob Kaplow

Ben Franklin must be spinning in his grave. I'll be sure to carry one of these openly next time I have to fly somewhere. I already have a t-shirt I bought just to wear through airport security:

Bob Kaplow

Jerry, you should be awarded the Nobel prize for common sense. Why don't you run for senate or something. If a has been actor can be governor...

Bob Kaplow

X-rays won't do it, but many precious metals are subject to neutron activation... wearing anything looted from a jewelry store in an H-bombed city is said to be a good way to get some nasty beta-ray burns.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Because they might do a web search on your baseless comments about me and vilify me as a result.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

  1. Driver'slicense
  2. Registraton
  3. Insurance
  4. Visual and odor sobriety
  5. Visual seat belts

NO "probable cause - to believe a crime has been committed- ".

They are required "by law" to have a bypass road for the search (Usually a right turn before the cones start to narrow down to the search lanes) area. The bypass road has a 100% pull-over rate on the ASSUMPTION you are bypassing the search zone.

Welcome to PRK. Welcome to AmeriKa.

Just disghusted Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

With all of our interventions since the end of WWII, plus the domestic "war on poverty", "war on drugs", and now "war on terrorism" it's been 58 years since we won a war. IIRC that's 22 foriegn interventions that have failed to result in a democratic government, and 0 for 3 on the home front...

"we have met the enemy, and he is us"

Bob Kaplow

"The FBI said information typically found in almanacs that could be useful for terrorists includes profiles of cities and states and information about waterways, bridges, dams, reservoirs, tunnels, buildings and landmarks. It said this information is often accompanied by photographs and maps"

may as well lock up all the civil engineering students

- iz

Mark Hamilt> Now our reading material is in question, too.

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

soma

- iz

Jerry Irv> Those damn terrorists are hard to find because they do not stay

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Train enthusiasts were being detained because they like to take pictures of, well,... trains.

One spot which had a tower they could photograph from became off limits.

No Photos for You!

Joel. phx

Geeze, is terraserver still online?

Joel Corwith

In this case it was just one of the cockatiels, and she's fine. Hmm, next time I travel with my Amazon, I may just let THEM try to remove her from her travel case.

Nah, they'd get me for assault with a deadly feathered weapon....

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

David Weinshenker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Man, this is paranoia raised to an art form, even for a federal law enforcement agency!

Obviously, every red-blooded American patriot needs to immediately buy several almanacs and keep them prominantly displayed in their home, office, automobile and on their person.

Sheesh!

Reply to
David W.

Groped any one lately???

:-)

Bob Kaplow

Or tourists with guidebooks. Or surveyors.

Bob Kaplow