The New F20-4 Flight Tested with Pictures

Hi, Len,

While I agree that _should_ work, Bob's assessment (and I agree) was that in too many cases, the user ends up getting a short, likely because the alligator clip teeth punctured the paper.

Doug How dangerous is a toothless alligator?

Reply to
Doug Sams

"Doug Sams" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mygate.mailgate.org:

1) Only with toothed clips 2) This is why cardboard was invented

len (who does not like fire near pyrogens, never mind motors).

PS, if you don't think you'll find any spare cardboard on the field, consider planning ahead. A few dozen copperhead shields take a few minutes to make. And on the field, a match book cover should be good for a half dozen.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

You take a lighter, Bic, and heat up the end with out the pyrogen. The le copper leads will separate when the adhesive melts away therefor allowing you to use standard clips as opposed to a kwik klip.

NEVER had a failure since going this route.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

if you read my review, the new copperhead failed.

Now I know Bob had some good results with them, but used in the standard method used by the masses, it did the standard trick, nothing...

Now I hope my experiance with that one was a fluke, and I intend a repeat test with the second one maybbe this weekend

Reply to
art upton

Don't you have a stash of computer sprocket feed tear-offs?

Personally, I tape the clip jaws, as this can be used more than once. But any of these tricks work fine.

Bob Kaplow