Timing of request for comment

Chris, on this subject, go away.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point!

One opinion. Only 2000 more needed :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I often wonder what goes on inside that brain of yours. Then on the few occasions I have interfaced with you and learned of some of your idiosyncracies, it just scares me, and I stop thinking about it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is as I believe the only recourse to bad NPRM to litigate?

Maybe we need the judge to "appoint a special master" since this is likely to come up over and over.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

SO when you have lost and have no more crap to spew you responce is go away ehh

Figures

They still have the bigger stick.

ARE YOU GOING TO TEST ITS REACH.

Never did answer that.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

so you leave a sly insult laced with a hint of being nice to cover it up and completely avoid the point and focus of the message.

Figures

Answer the question. the uzi is looking at you. would you step forward.

we all know the answer but you will not say it or you will beat around the bush on it. try to redirect it or inject some crap to twist it. but we all know the answer. its NO.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I really do see that you see it that way. Consider for a moment the remote possibility it was not an "insult" but a NEUTRAL statement.

An observation.

One man's opinion based on first hand contact.

I would say "act accordingly" but one cannot expect a "normal reaction" from Chris taylor. So I will tell you how I would expect a "normal person" to act.

Listen.

Hear the mesage not merely the words.

Consider the remote possibility somebody other than you is right 100% of the time.

Consider the possibility that if the other person is right in this particular circumstance you could learn something.

Then try to learn something. Not how to react and respond more vigerously to the perceived attack, no. Learn that given you are just a bit wacky that your comments might possibly be misplaced. Try this.

For about a week when you reply to a post, read it 3 times before hitting send. Each time you read it reread the item you are replying to. Ask yourself this simple question. "What was this guy really thinking and saying with this post?"

Then reply to HIS point, not some recalculaton in your opinion of what point you think or wish he was making.

Try it, you'll like it.

Jerry

The rocket newsgroup that Mikey likes!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I tested it and won. I cited the law and each time they came back with "I wish you would do this other thing", I replied by citing the law.

Just the facts ma'am.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

tough.

here is the way I work. and its not negotiable or discussable.

If I have a thought that I see as fact I will take it as fact till shown otherwise.

YOUR SAY SO does not qualify as being shown otherwise.

You spew crap and want me to take it at face value when it slaps in the face of the "reality" that appears obvious right in front of me.

When you can provide verifyable FACTS that dispute my thoughts THEN and ONLY THEN will I consider altering my thoughts.

but NEVER simply at someone's say so.

YOU expect me to take it as YOUR say so and nothing else (since you have given absolutely positively nothing else)

you just keep spouting CMF 55.1 or whatever its called yet a source HIGHER IN THE FACT CHAIN than you (NAMELY ATF) has said it does not apply.

so until someone higher on the chain tells the ATF that YES it does apply I have to take THEIR word over YOURS since THEY can put me in jail. YOU can not.

oh and NO ONE is 100% right. period.

preservation.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Prove it. again your say so is not sufficient.

DO you have a LEUP ?

HOW have you tested that reach exactly.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Hogwash. The problem is that ATF has the power to totally screw anyone they want, and the best anyone on the receiving end can hope for is that they'll win in court after spending their last nickle on legal fees. If they do win, the ATF simply shrugs and moves on to screwing the next victim, but the person who just "won" is still screwed.

Duh. Unfortunately, where the government is concerned, might overrules right. The only thing that will stop the ATF is someone with more power forcing them to stop. That means either Congress (fat chance!) or the courts.

In Congress the ATF owns the politicians who control the process, so they have a "home field" advantage -- and then some. In the court, they have somewhat less influence, but have limitless time and money on their side. The combined resources of TRA/NAR may be enough for a win, but how many individuals can afford such a fight? No one is going to risk losing their savings, their home, maybe their job or more.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Perfect. Then we are done!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

perfect. you still have not even attempted to acknowledge.

I now know what people mean when they describe you. Typical and Predictable.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I acknowledged and accepted your position is unchangeable. I can live with that. When someone actually agrees with you, learn to live with it gracefully :)

*plonk*

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You not so gracefully ignore every thing I said.

plonk

whatever the hell tha means.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Unless everyone opens their eyes to the fact that *no one* is getting out alive. A few more cases of such getting trompled in a mass rush, and you wouldn't see many bank robbers any more.

I personally think that one of the greatest deterents to airline terrorism right now is the fact that the passengers will no longer "sheeple" as they are told, when faced with such a situation.

NOT all the Patriot Act law-making.

Case in point: "Let's roll." Those two words will live longer than any of us, and have taught more lessons to the terrorists than any counter-terrorism law or war.

(you figure it out)

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

No one said go head-to-head with them today. Just like you don't go straighten teeth in one day... you'd rip them all out. It may take time, but if we all get the attitude you display here, then rocketry is gone for sure.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

P O I N T ! !

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

On an airplane is different than on the ground.

all that will result with your idea is the bank robbers who still rob banks will either wait till their are fewer people OR they will simply kill or neutralize everyone right from the get go.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

oh and by the way. Let's Roll would work for one reason.

They do not have guns.

even "before" 9/11 I would have no problem standing up and breaking the neck of any hijacker on any of my flights. its just a matter of principle.

but if he has a gun. I am keeping my ass right in my seat.

unlike a bank it is very hard to get a gun on an airplane.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr