Topic for Myth Busters

Which is better, 5 minute epoxy or 30 minute epoxy? If I mix it, would I get

35 minute epoxy? Is gorilla glue better than horse hide glue?

What would Darwin say about survival of the fittest if he came back and read R.M.R??

Reply to
Alex Mericas

What is the glue yield from a typical gorilla?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Is that waterproof, or will my rocket fall apart and smell like chicken soup, when it gets wet?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Chicken yolks.

How does this thing called a killfile work?

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

He'd think he was right and say: I knew it! Dang monkeys have evolved to the internet.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Lowland, or Mountain?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Why would anyone want to use lowland gorilla glue on a rocket? That would be silly. Mountain rain forest would be what I was referring to.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I totally agree with this statement. Great idea - now where do we submit the idea/plan to TLC/ Discovery Channel?

I say we only give them, oh, say, three tries. I'd like to see them try to do this. We could supply them with a kit, have them build it, or at least make it look like they built it, or, heck, just give them a bunch of parts and a copy of Rocksim, design their own rocket, and see if, IF their design is stable (which I bet it wouldn't be, considering they would be newbies) and then have them build their reloads (Pro38/54 or AT?) and let them go out to a range and launch them *at* the balloon.

Just my thoughts...so I guess you could just say, "Just Jason." :-D

Jason

Reply to
Jason Toft

I endorse that :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It is trivial get a rocket to guide itself up the tether. In fact some people have experience shooting down kites.

Reply to
Alan Jones

I don't think the myth buster guys would cheat by running the rocket up the tether line...unless the ATF showed up and made them do it that way.

Reply to
Tim

Aw shucks - you mean that's not what the little tubular thing on the side is supposed to be for?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news:SprXWFh+NoR$@eisner.encompasserve.org:

The sharks (lawyers) and cockroaches (politicians) already rule the earth.

Reply to
David W.

Kurt Kesler wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com:

Hitting and will add the poster to your killfile.

Reply to
David W.

Dave Grayvis wrote in news:%4yTb.17196$Tu2.6707 @newssvr16.news.prodigy.com:

Three.

Reply to
David W.

No no no, must clarify...I meant that is what Darwin would say if he visited RMR.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

I understood....but that's not saying much, huh?

:-)

John

Reply to
John Stein

Here. Test it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What?

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

No. The line will easily cut through common launch lugs.

Reply to
Alan Jones