Update on apartment fire

The tenant has now been inside the apartment. The nitrous tank that was thought to have vented actually was still full. The local bomb squad insisted on emptying the nitrous tank for no good reason. There was black powder and other metals in the apartment, but they were in the bedroom that didn't burn.

It now appears that the official ruling will be that the "rocket fuel" hada nothing to do with the fire. The BATFE did visit but didn't find anything that concerned them.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Any corrections from the "media"????

(To quote Kelly Bundy: "Yeah, right - and the check is in my mouth")

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter

The Des Moines Register did a better job on reporting the story than the local TV news. They mentioned compressed gases and didn't make rocket fuel part of the headline.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Too bad there isn't a law preventing the media from publishing "facts" about a case before the facts have actually been determined. By the same token, the authorities should also be prohibited from presenting speculation to the media prior to determining the facts of the case.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I hope they come down as hard on the aerosol can industry as they did on us...

Bob Kaplow

their is hope !

thanks for the update Brian

Reply to