Xprize

New Las Cruces Rocket Company X-Prize Competitor Wednesday 17,2006, Newly relocated to Las Cruces, Lee Rush President of Thrugate Aerospace told the X-Prize Foundation that Thrugate would be competing for the Five Hundred Thousand dollar NASA X-Prize proposed Re-usable Rocket competition at the X-Prize Cup in October. John Gedmark of the X-Prize Foundation called Thrugate Aerospace on Tuesday May 9 2006 and asked if they were interested in the Re-usable Competition to launch 50 lbs of payload to 5,000 feet. "I said yes. And asked him where do we sign up." said Lee. If the last X-prize competition is any example, there could also be a multi-million dollar contract for the winner. "The odds are long but for an outfit our size the stakes are high," said Lee. NASA is looking for a re-usable sounding rocket. Last year the sounding rocket market in the U.S. grossed 100 million dollars and employed 1,100 people. A re-usable rocket will allow more work and jobs in a wide range of research from astronomy to medicine, with the possibility of expanding the size of the market. "Our current experimental rocket can be re-used many times. Scaled up to competition size it could win the X-prize Cup and maybe take a piece of the sounding rocket market," said Lee. However, thrilled that such a prize is within their reach, Thrugate's President is sober about the task ahead. "It's going to take lots of work, lots of money, and more people. We'll have to rely heavily on money from local sponsors and support from local companies." Please send money or donations to Thrugate Aerospace Po Box 1850 Mesilla Park NM 88047. To learn more about Thrugate aerospace visit

Thrugate Aerospace

Team America Rocketry Challenge on steroids?

Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Yeah come check out the website.