1/72 scale beach battle diorama

I'm wondering if anyone knows how the waves are done in the diorama shown on the

site? I'm pretty new to creating dioramas and I've fallen in love with Build-A-Rama's 1/32 scale accessories.

I just saw their new front page for their new 1/72 scale accessories and it has a sweet looking Normandy beach dio. I love the waves and want to be able to make something like it. Any ideas?

Thanks! - Frankie

Reply to
Frankie

Hi Frankie,

I'd guess the sea is made from paper mashie and well painted.

To confirm you could always contact them direct.

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
SL

Papier-mache with plaster coating would be my guess. I think a more realistic sea could be had by using acrylic gloss medium, sold at craft and art stores. Some translucent caulk products could make the splashes on the wave tops. You can also check with the model railroad scenery department at your local hobby shop for clear resin products that can be manipulated with hot air guns while curing.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller