2008 Future Release List

Micheal Benolkin at the Cybermodeler Online site is doing a good job of keeping a regularly-updated 2008 kit list going at:

It appears that Airfix are, for better or worse, determined to WORK those old molds - they're planning on reissuing some real chestnuts from the 1950's, such as the 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant and the Gloster Gladiator. More nerve than Dick Tracey, as the old saying goes!

Oh, and for those still wrestling with the perennial question, "What is Future floor wax called in my country?", go here for important breaking news:

John

Reply to
jthmpson

yeah, that update list is just great. Mike, my wife may want to have a few words with you when she sees all your lists and how many kits I have marked up. :-)

and for a Future plug, I have noticed that you can buy a small bottle of it repackaged at Great Models... Not sure if it can ship across the border, but its worth a look.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

at:

Mot of what is on this list has already been released??? There will be a lot more stuff released in 2008 that will be announced soon.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

I see Airfix is releasing a Sea Fury. I assume this is a repop of someone's but whose?

Reply to
Kim M

snipped-for-privacy@arvotek.net wrote in news:50a30525-9d0c-4d05-be4e-37b696063b02 @v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Good God man! How can you dis Airfix and not mention the 1/24 Mosquito!! I beleive I'm visibly aroused, yep, I am. Crap, I'll need SWMBO's SUV to get the damn thing home. That will go over well. How long have we been waiting 30 freaking years!

Now if I can just cajole the Hobby Lobby to get it in stock.

I need a cold shower.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

On Jan 14, 6:21=A0pm, grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote:> snipped-for-privacy@arvotek.net wrote in news:50a30525-9d0c-4d05- be4e-37b696063b02> @v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:> > > Micheal Benolkin at the Cybermodeler Online site is doing a good job> > of keeping a regularly-updated 2008 kit list going at:> >

> > It appears that Airfix are, for better or worse, determined to WORK> > those old molds

- they're planning on reissuing some real chestnuts> > from the

1950's, such as the 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant and the Gloster> >

Gladiator. More nerve than Dick Tracey, as the old saying goes!> >

Good God man! How can you dis Airfix and not mention the 1/24 Mosquito!! I> beleive I'm visibly aroused, yep, I am. Crap, I'll need SWMBO's SUV to get> the damn thing home. That will go over well. How long have we been waiting 30> freaking years!> > Now if I can just cajole the Hobby Lobby to get it in stock.> > I need a cold shower.> >

Frank> > > > > > > Oh, and for those still wrestling with the perennial question, "What> > is Future floor wax called in my country?", go here for important> > breaking news:> >

> > John- Hide quoted text -> > - Show quoted text -Anybody interested in an Airfix 1/24 Spitfire?If I can get rid of it I can fit a dozen or more new 1/72 kits. :-)Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

with my very poor metric to inches math, the 1/24 wingspan comes to roughly 27 or so inches... that's a lot of brown and green paint !!

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I was over at the Squadron website today; the 1/76th scale Airfix Tiger I and 1/72nd scale Tiger Moth have just arrived:

?item=AX01015As well as a lot of the soft plastic HO figures. Regarding this new Dragon USA E-100 kit:
(which I'm sure Cookie will be reviewing shortly) What exactly did the Germans have in a shoulder-fired Gatling gun in WW II? I'll bet it's the Fliegerfaust antiaircraft rocket launcher instead of a gun:
Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Watch out for slivers. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Reply to
eyeball

eyeball wrote: : But how many will really make it out?I'm still waiting for rereleases : (from several companies) announced years ago... : Yeah, where are my AMTech P-61, Hemibolt and, ummm, uh, what was the other version of the P-47/XP-70 they announced?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Pat Flannery wrote: : : I was over at the Squadron website today; the 1/76th scale Airfix Tiger : : Regarding this new Dragon USA E-100 kit: :

(which I'm sure Cookie will be reviewing shortly) : What exactly did the Germans have in a shoulder-fired Gatling gun in WW II? : Oh, good. A paper panzer becomes even more nebulous. Any thing to sell this beastie, I suppose.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

They probably have a lot of those and Maus' left over and are trying to get rid of them. Next, the night-fighting Maus!

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery