A Question of scale Regarding eBay Item number: 6005013267

Hello, Pardon the interruption. After some 50 years any hopes of completing this model are gone so it is off to eBay. Item number: 6005013267 The scale question was asked by someone looking on eBay. Can any one help to clarify the question, what scale is this truck?

1907 Mack 7-Ton Truck Premier's KIT# 1263-98 Great GIFT Item number: 6005013267

Thank you have fun

Reply to
suby4me

If Scott doesn't know I sure don't... ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The seller gave the width of the radiator as 0.231 thou. I'm assuming the measurement is actually a decimel not thousanths as 0.231 thou would convert as 0.0058674 millimetres. The measurement as a decimel means the radiator is a shade over 5 mm thick If this is the case I suspect it puts the kit somewhere around 1/32nd scale.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Scott Van Aken of 'Modeling Madness', of course. ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

HI, The correct size as measured in decimal inches = 0.231 or fraction

231/1000 inch. Yes this would be slightly larger than 5mm ( 5 millimeters = 0.196850394 inch), closer to 6mm (.231 inch = 5.8674 millimeters)

Knowing the actual width of the chromed radiator on the full scale truck would be helpfulin determining the scale.

Reply to
suby4me

Thank you for the insight.

Reply to
suby4me

Looking at the model it seems to me that the radiator is around twice as deep as that on, for example, a Ford Model T which is 3" wide. On a 1/32nd scale model the Model T part would be 2.25 mm wide which means at 6mm wide the truck part could be somewhere beween 1/30th to 1/32nd scale. Either way it looks like a nice little model. Knowing the wheel diameter would be a useful guide to the scale.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

The auction has ended already, but according to my Burns Guide (1991, no

5) this truck is 1/32 scale. It has by far the highest value of any Premier model, at an estimated 60 to 80 dollars.

Rob My models:

Me 163B site:
AQM-34 site:

Rob de Bie

Who says you can't get a bargain on eBay anymore? The high bidder got it for only $26.

Reply to
Al Superczynski