Ebay item

I know we don't usually do this but I just could't resist:-

Anyone reaching for their wallet? Go on, don't miss it after all "THIS IS THE ONE WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!"

NHH

Reply to
NHH

His view of its worth is laughable especially since he further reduced it by filling and starting it. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Nick,

I wish you wouldn't put stuff up like that, its dangerous, my computer is in the smallest bedroom and I have just hurt myself on furniture rolling around in hysterics. He's got one thing wrong, he says it is unused yet he has run it!

Reply to
campingstoveman

"Filled the sump" "put oil/petrol mixture in the tank"

OK, so I may be wrong but I am sure engine like that we had on an Allan autoscyth was an ordinary two stroke.

Tony Brooks

Reply to
Tony Brooks

Good spot. The idiot put 2T mix in a 4 Stroke :-) it gets better Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

You chaps know far more about these older engines that I do but I question the four stroke bit.

Tony Brooks

Reply to
Tony Brooks

Its a C12, the NVT version of the mk12. It is 4T ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Tony,

Definitely a four stroke.

Reply to
campingstoveman

I've lost track of how many times I've heard, "I just turned it on to see if it worked, and it went bang" :-(

Thankfully this one ran, but if it had been sitting for years then surely stripping it down and greasing/oiling as necessary before a first run would have been a wise idea?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Reply to
Roland Craven

Lovely! I sent this to him.....

"Excellent! Best bit of fun I've seen recently. Well done for spending a bob or two purely for a laugh! We were particularly impressed by the "still unrun although I've run it" concept and the fact that you put two stroke mix in a four stroke engine.

Thanks again. Best,"

Let's see what happens next ............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Already tried a gentle prod - no response. I see it has been relisted with an ever-so tempting buy it now price.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

If I had an engine like that and some silly bugger paid the buy it now price I couldn't bring myself to charge him another £30 for postage :-))

Mart>> Lovely! I sent this to him.....

Reply to
campingstoveman