AIR: A-1 Sandy Loadouts

Did they mostly carry rockets on Air/Rescue flights?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

A little bit (or bunch of) everything, from rockets to iron bombs to cluster munitions.

A good bet is to check here:

kc

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Thanks for the lead but it seems unavailable at the moment. I'll try tomorrow.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hey, I see the same error message, Bill....it was up Friday when I copied that link for you. The site has been around for many years.

Keep after it. It's a great resource with tons of photos that will illustrate just what you're looking for.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Thanks, glad it's not just me. I tried it earlier today and still didn't get anywhere.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Seeing as skyraider.org is down it may be worthwhile checking out

as it has lots of photos & pilot accounts from the Navy & Marine's.

Cheers, Stephen

Reply to
SL

Skyraider.org is back up, Bill.

Here's a sample of what you'll find there:

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

Yep, found it today. Very worthwhile.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hi Bill,

While this is a painting, I've been assured that this is a fairly standard Sandy loadout:

Pauli G

Should be interesting scratching those in 1/110 scale. ;) Thanks!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller