Air Brush leaking air

My Aztek 320 has developed a leak now that I'm using an air compressor (3gal Husky). The leak seems to be in the internal part of the brush and is not related to any of the connectors as they are fine. It appears to be the valve related to the trigger button on the brush.

I've been using 20-30psi to paint and 40-60psi to clean with. The problem appeared after I left the brush connected to the compressor at

25psi for about 1hr. I didn't have any leaking when using can air. Now if I hook the brush to can air the brush leaks the same as on the compressor.

Seems to paint ok and no paint comes out of the nozzle when it is sitting idle.

Anyone have this problem before?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
PWH

That may be a little excessive. Check your instructions and disassemble looking for a split o-ring. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Had the same thing on a GP-100 (Testors)..

Reply to
agh

How did you fix it? I contacted Testors but haven't heard back from them. Thinking of just buying a paasche VL or VLSTPRO and using the Aztek as a backup if I can get it replaced by Testors. Anyone have any experience with Testors warranties. The 320 is 2 months old and I've only used it 4-5 times.

Reply to
PWH

Aztek's seem to have their fans and detractors. I've found it unfriendly when it comes to repair due to the user not being allowed to take it apart. Testors stands by their products; you should hear back from them soon. Mail it back and wait for the replacement. They're decent airbrushes once you get the hang of them. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I had an Aztek that was way over 2 years old (because I have lived here for that long and bought it before I moved). The button stopped working - it became very floppy. I went into the local model shop, who did not sell it to me. They returned it to Testors and it came back in

2 1/2 weeks, fixed and free of charge. Try them.

David

Reply to
David Pennington

compressor

Had the exact same thing happen to me. I took a drying break and left my MM Pro Airbrush (pre-Aztek name, same design) hooked up to my CO2 tank with the valves open (@15psi BTW). Thought I'd be back in an hour, left it in all night.

By day's end, not only was the AB leaking in the handle like you described- but my CO2 tank had completely emptied out. Hard lesson learned, mistake never repeated. Testors had replaced it with a "generic" equivalent. Same AB type, slightly different cosmetics. Works fine. Took about 2 weeks.

FWIW, I converted over to Iwata four years ago. I held on to the Testors brush for Future and dullcoats.

Sat

Reply to
Sat

Dontcha hate when that happens? And ya never do it when the bottle is almost empty, it's always a FULL bottle! Modeling by Murphy's law!.

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Sat,

Think I'm going that route too! Iwata Eclipse BCS looks pretty nice and I'll keep the Aztek as a backup once it's replaced.

Reply to
PWH