What Brushs Should I Use For 1/6 Figure ??

Hello All,

I am about to build and paint my first 1/6 scale model figure. I am brand new to figure modeling and was wondering what sized (And brand) brushes should I use on this figure that is about one foot high? Thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Mangry

There is *really* only one choice. Go ahead and splurge for Winsor-Newton "Series 7" brushes. (Be careful not to confuse them with the slightly lesser quality "Series 707"). Get yourself a good 0, 00, and 000. In this large scale, you could probably get by without the 000 (even the 00), as these brushes keep a fine point, far better than any other brush. You will probably have to mail-order for these (or e-order), unless you have a

*quality* art supply, or drafting supply, store, in your area.

The important thing to remember: It is *not* the small size of the brush, but its ability to form, and maintain, a point.

For the larger areas, you can easily get by with any good-to-excellent quality "artist" brush. (Plus, Winsor Newton "Series 7's" in the larger sizes are *not* cheap...). The better quality larger brushes that you find at places such as Michael's or Hobby Lobby, are fine. Just don't rely on these places for the better quality smaller brushes.

Get you a few different sizes of "flats", and "rounds". There is no "right" answer as to which to buy, as it depends on what you get comfortable with. But for fine details, please *do* look into the aforementioned 0, 00, and 000 Winsor Newton "Series 7's".

Whatever you buy, just be sure to clean them well after use, and you might even rub a little "hair conditioner" into them, to keep them "conditioned".

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Hi:

My choice for 1/6 scale figures is an airbrush for almost all of the work. A nice double action and then detail with pastels, washes and soem oils. Take a look at

as they have some links and ideas.

Dave

Reply to
DaveM