AIR: When Did Belgium Switch Colours?

As in, the main aircraft colours? At some point there was a switch from NATO colours to some very similar to USAF SEA colours. Anyone have an idea why the change?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I'm assuming you mean the change between the second and third scheme on

personally have no clue about the when and why of the change, although it had to have been somewhere after 1957, because that's about when they started using the NATO colours. Perhaps you could try emailing the authors of that page? Let me know if you find an answer.

If they can't help you, mail me directly (remove nospam) and I'll swing by a museum of the BAF, someone over there should know the answer.

Kind regards, Sven

"Bill Banaszak" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net...

Reply to
TimeLess

Sven, your assumption is correct. It's not an important thing, just one of those nagging questions that have pestered me since I started doing modern aircraft. No other country in Europe wore the third scheme and I couldn't see the advantage of using it. Thanks for directing me to the article and I'll try contacting the authors.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Mr. Fridsell says the year was 1967. Why? Something about an agreememnt with the USAF. That's all he could find for me.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak