Aircraft v. Armor modelling

I just figured it out. Normally an A/C builder, I was just putting the finishing touches on my 1/25th Panther A. It's just a matter if you like doing the detail first, i.e. a/c cockpits/engine, or doing the details last, i.e. all the bits of gear a tank carries into action.

Just my observation Mick

Reply to
Uhu219

I made a troubling observation years ago.

I started out doing custom car models and anything else that would fit on the shelves.

Switched to 1/72 scale aircraft around 1966 or so.

While I havn't built a huge number of models over the years I have done exactly two 1/72 vehicle vignettes.

Both took 1st places at the Nationals. They are the only models that I have ever entered that placed 1st.

Ah, but I enjot airplanes more, especially when doing something that I get to fly.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I've just discovered ship models, which seem to be pretty much ALL details. (Of which, several extremely visible ones are not shown in any given finite collection of prototype photos.)

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

Which is why, along with the horrendously small scales, I don't build ships, even though I find them just as fascinating as (if not more so than) aircraft.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

i need to give up 1/72 ac, my eyes are getting wonky and pissed off.

One of those optivisor things, mebbe? I just use a flourescent lamp/magnifier, but my problem with 1/72 is my fingers are too chubby to place tiny bits, and too unsteady to get reliable results with tweezers. I'm probably a 1/72 lifer, based on what's in the closet.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

them visior things are worse. but i suspect i'll be building 1/72 when i'm blind.