Airfix ReIssues

John Halliwell wrote in news:qLoqKBApGKi$ snipped-for-privacy@photopia.demon.co.uk:

Found the illustration in my copy of "Project Cancelled" The central one semi-recessed in the bombay, and the other two on the Skybolt pickup points.

Apparently, the Gnats were each to carry kT nukes! Needlesss to say, pilot survivability would have been low. Pretty much back to the old manned rockets/bombs of WWII Germany/Japan.

Reply to
Peter Baxter

No I think the idea way to use 3 Vulcan loads paint the Gnats red and do a quick air display!!

Reply to
Martin Imber

That would be an overcast.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

I can see it now - 4 Vulcans in diamond formation doing loops while two singles whistle down the field at each other, passing each other vertically. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak