Albatross Query

=== I suppose you are talking about the WWI versus the Grumman Albatross (1930s the WWII).

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

There are some interior pics in the SS In Action book on the Albatross. If you have access to one, see page 14.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

If he is talking about the Grumman one, it ain't from the "1930s the(?) WWII". Try late '40s to '70s. Isn't the German WWI a/c spelled with only 1 's'?

Reply to
frank

Yep, Albatros built plywood and fabric sheathed aircraft in WWI. Grumman's Albatross was built in the early '50s and was still in service here and there into the '90s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Frank and Bill, That still does not answer my basic question - even if I got some of the years out of whack. Is he talking about the WWI or the Post WWII Albatross/Albatros?

Thanks,

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

My guess would be, since he used Albatross, with 2 s, he meant the Post WWII a/c. I know Squadron has a book on the HU-16, but I can't say about the WWI a/c, with only 1 s.

Reply to
frank

The original post mentioned it as a "floatplane", so it's the Grumman.

If the original poster is still on this thread please contact me. I can provide plans and detailng material.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Well, to be a SoB, I'll throw in that Albatros ~did~ make a floatplane, the W-4 (looked like a D-II on floats, but the wings were a bit different) But I sent him some drawings of the JR9F (HU-16) and he didn't correct me, so I guess that's the one that he meant.

Reply to
The Old Man

=== Just shot you and e-mail to your email address.

Ray ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

=== Did receive the drawings and printed them - very useful, especially the one with the outline of the interior - sections - of the fuselage. The A/C I am talking about is the Grumman Albatross (with two SS).

Many thanks to you and all that have commented.

Ray ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Any time, my friend, any time.