Alclad II Help

I just put the first coat of Alclad II Color A on the underside of my T-33. I then noticed that I'm almost out of Color A. I have the "new" Alclad II colors of Aluminum, Duraluminum, etc.

What Alclad II "old" colors (A, B, C) correspond with the "new" colors (aluminum, Duraluminum, etc.)? Please note that I am not trying to compare the Original Alclad to Alclad II, but the two different sets of Alclad II.

Thanks,

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

I believe that "Aluminium ALC-101" is the direct equivalent of "Color A". However, the best way to be certain is to treat the current coat of Alclad as a base coat and mist a full coat of your choice over it.

Incidentally, there has been a batch of new Alclad colours released recently. I have used "Airframe Aluminium ALC-119". It turns out that it is *exactly* the same colour as "Aluminium ALC-101", except that the shine is different. And here is the important part - the difference in shine remains apparent even under a couple of coats of Kleer (Future) and a coat of satin varnish! That's going to make it even easier to get the subtle variations in shade between panels on an NMF aircraft! I'm very impressed indeed with Alclad2 products.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I e-mailed Alclad directly with the following question:

Would I be correct in assuming that your old naming convention of "A", "B", & "C" correspond respectively to:

a.. 101 Aluminium a.. 102 Duraluminium a.. 103 Dark Aluminium

They e-amiled back very quickly and said this is correct.

Hats off to Alclad!

Art

Reply to
Art Murray