American Zekes

For the people who wanted information on Zeros and Zekes (and Hamps) captured by the US I have the following in the files:

A6M2-27 Hits. A6M3-21 Hits. A6M5-25 Hits.

Each hit is at least one photo, color view or tone drawng. There may be more in the file cabinets.

Also have material on British, Australian, New Zealand and Chinese examples and some of those neat white Zeros with green crosses (and variations thereof).

Let me know which one(s) you would like to concentrate on and I'll get back to you individually with details and fee.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Tom, can I get a freebie? What was the upper colour on the refurbished one that was found in the Aleutians? I guessed USN blue-grey when I built one a while back.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

FWIW In 1944 the fuselage of a Zero was mounted on a flatbed truck and toured the country promoting warbond sales, probably Koga's bird. When it hit Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, My Grandfather took me down to see it. For years afterward, every Zero model I built was non-specular blue gray over light gray. How to corrupt a poor dumb kid. :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Bill

Thanks for posting a reply. For some reason my server didn't get that message through.

I agree with your analysis of non-spec blue grey.

An old friend used to tell the story of the airplane that flew over one day when he was a kid. He called the local air base to report a Zero and they shrugged him off. As it turned out it was, indeed, Koga's Zero and he was the only spotter to report it during it's first West Coast flight.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72