AMS- Deffinition and scope?

Anybody have a link to a good decription of the symptoms and treatment, (if any), of AMS? I think I've got it. WRF

"Nooooooo! Stop me before I build again."

Reply to
rfranklin

WRF asked:

Too damned late! If you think you've got it, then you've probably be diagnosed by others as terminal. Most common treatment is to take a kit, preferably not you main interest, and build it out of the box over a weekend or two. No aftermarket, no modifications, just build it! Another treatment method is to put everything away for a while and do something else. I tried flyfishing, which transitioned to fly tying which restarted the cycle. Besides putting splinter camo on those flys got to be a hassle.

Rick MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

...you're obviously just getting started with figures...

I used to sculpt and have thought of starting down the figure modeling road. Starting with the book I bought on "Human Anatomy for Artists". And then there's learning to resin cast...and learning to photo etch...and the potential for the research of every human, animal, and/or cartoon/comic book/fantasy character ever created. Not to mention a whole host of new painting techniques that as far as I can figure anount more to learning to do theatrical make-up than modeling.

No AMS potential...yeah...right...

Reply to
Rufus

Not even if you correct clothing or equipment errors? Change the pose? Convert a figure into a completely different figure? Scratchbuild your own figures? (I'm frequently guilty of the first two on the list. Not so much the other two - yet.)

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

One word...PLAID, as in kilts, etc

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

AMEN.

Reply to
Rufus

Then you're two thirds of the way there...;)

Reply to
Rufus

Oh, sure, if you want to end up with the same figure boring as everybody else. :p

I only do figures when I'm putting together a diorama, so I almost always have to at least change the pose to get what I need.

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

Sounds to me that you could be an un-diagnosed carrier. Don't let any mosquitos bite you while you're at a modelling relalted event. :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Since I use them as a break from AMS with ships and tanks, that's fine with me.

I have been known to repose a figure to fit a tank or artillery piece, but only If I really have to.

Reply to
Ron

Actually I was thinking of the lumberjack's flannel shirt.

The Old Timer

Ron, mind if I use the last three words on a t-shirt?

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

Yeah - I used to capstrip wing ribs for R/C aircraft, so building a plank on frame wooden sailing ship from scratch dosen't scare me in the least. Mastering ship hulls from foam should be a piece of cake - hot wire and sandpaper...and a bit of some sort of sealer. Sort of like cutting a foam wing, but with more compound curves.

I have an ancestor that has a plaque in his honor in NY harbor - I've been wanting to scratch build his vessel of late. Haven't researched the project as of yet.

Reply to
Rufus