audiofind.com

shit, f*ck, damn, piss, hell.

Does suck to think I'd be playing the exchange rates for music...but 33 cents?...DAMN...I'll but that for a dollar...

Reply to
Rufus

yeah, but now they have nothing to do with usenet and that was their whole point. binsearch is ok...but not as much fun.

I belong to one of the largest library systems in the US, the King County Library. I can go online to access their catalog, and have music CD's sent to my local library. I get an email telling me when the CD is in. Then it's a simple matter of importing the music onto my computer, and uploading that to my iPod.

I mentioned to a librarian the 'illegal' thing I was doing. Her response was that since I'm doing this for personal use only, there's nothing illegal about it.

I've now outgrown my iPod, and haven't paid for music for a LONG time.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

i kind of have gone nutso musically. i have 4000+ lp's plus cassettes, cd's. reels. edison cylinders. 78's and dvd's with 60-70 lps on each. i haven't seen a 100 terrabyte mp3 player.....yet. i believe that the days of mechanical sorage are just about gone. there will be a rom type of storage with zero moving parts, same for the players. i'm not sure of the format. i think current types of memory are too limited. i suspect it will be some media that can hold huge amounts of yesnos on a tiny surface. some sort of artificial cystalline matrix, mayhaps. the idea of having my music library in my pocket excites me. i will sell the vinyl and plastic and simplify!

taxes concern me most. states are frothing at the mouth. and the fed will stink it up somehow...you just know it.

I ran into that when I went to Google. I figured it was some other organisation. After awhile everything on the web will have its hand out for change.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller