Austrian Draken and F-5E markings

Do these aircraft (in 2 Staffel) have the lion's head badge on both sides of the fin or just on the port side?

Thanks

David Womby

Reply to
Davidawomby

I have a Swiss F-5E J-3005 which was rented by Austrians. Seeing the photos of Austrian bird, I judge the only thing what's differet in markings are Austrian roundels. The rest is the same. The J-3005 has a yellow tiger's head on a black circle on the left side and something like puma (it could be lion) on the right side.

Cheers,

Bostjan

Reply to
Bostjan Lemut

Actually, I took a better look of those photos, Austrian roundel is in place of those tigers & pumas...

I also discoveres, that Heller's F-5E Swiss markings for J-3005 are wrong. The right side emblem is not puma at all.:-(

Bostjan Lemut

Bostjan

Thank you. These pictures are great but they do not show the marking on the tail fin that I can clearrly see in phots in Aircratf Illustrated magazine for November 2004.

You can see the lion's head marking I mean here:

members.aol/com/davidawomby/2staffel.jpg

David Womby

Reply to
Davidawomby

According to IPMS-Austria decal sheet, port side only.

Sten

Reply to
Sten