Autos: Looking For A Highly Unlikely....

Instruction sheet. I will take a scan if you have the sheet. What am I looking for? A Hudson Miniatures 1911 Buick 'Bug'. I have the kit but there are no instructions and despite my idea that I could adapt the old Aurora 1/16th instructions, I find I do need the original. Failing that, anybody have an idea where I could obtain GA drawings of the real thing?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

These kits were 1/16 scale. Here's a complete list (I think):

1900 Packard Roadster 1902 Franklin 1903 Cadillac 1903 Ford 1903 Rambler 1904 Oldsmobile 1904 Stevens-Duryea 1906 Columbia Electric 1906 "Old 16" Locomobile Racer 1909 Model T Ford Touring Car 1909 Stanley Steamer 1910 International Harvester 1910 Model T Torpedo 1911 Brush Delivery 1911 Buick Bug 1911 Maxwell 1911 Mercer Raceabout 1914 Ford Model "T" Fire Truck 1914 Regal Coupe 1914 Stutz Bearcat

The 1904 Stevens-Duryea and 1914 Ford Fire Truck are hardest to find.

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

Bill,

Please feel welcome to contact me by e-mail during the coming weekend if no one else sends you a scan by then. I tried to make this offer off-line, but my message bounced back from your 'Reply-To' e-mail address.

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

OK. I have no idea why it bounced but it is the correct address. I wrote yours down because the newsgroup 4.7 doesn't talk to the e-mail

4.7. Ah, technology!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill, my box may have been white once but it's a cream colour now. Otherwise your description is spot-on. Mine does have a little flyer explaining why the plastic isn't moulded in the correct colours. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

It was the 1904 Oldsmobile that was one of the others I built. The one that looked like Santa's sleigh. I remember building Jack Benny's 1911 Maxwell too.

Reply to
Willshak

As I recall, the headlights were a gold plastic which wasn't mixed too well, and looked kinda like a playing marble.

Reply to
Willshak

snip

snip

I was just starting to build my 1/8 scale Locomobile Old 16 when I found the Hudson kit of it. I built the Hudson kit before I really got into the larger scratch one. The Hudson kit came out really nice. And from what I can tell based on the drawings I made for my scratch project, the Hudson kit was pretty accurate. BTW, the photo of the 1/8 scale version is in the Nov. FSM.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

The radiator is gold plastic and looks well. The headlights are cream-coloured and will need painted or foiled. I found a copyright date on the cover and find the kit and I share the year.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller