Slightly OT: eBay Problem

Is anyone else having this problem?

I get an e-mail with the subject: QUOTE eBay Watched Item Has Been Relisted: .... UNQUOTE

I was never watching this particular model kit item. Does anyone have any clue how/why this happens? eBay has not responded -- I guess they don't have an automated response for this problem.

I can't find any bogus hyperlinks hidden in the e-mail.

TIA

Ed R.

Reply to
robbelothe

Any message you get from eBay has the following at the top of the message: "eBay sent this message to (your real name) (username)" at the top of the message. Anything without your real name and username is a spoof or phishing message.

Reply to
Willshak

I get the same things regularly & send the to eBay. They respond that they ARE sent by eBay & there's a glitch in their system.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
frank

Reply to
eyeball

Reply to
eyeball

I've had a few of these, but I have noticed on some occasions it is a seller that I've bought from previously or who's items I have watched previously, must be some sort of cookie related prblem I guess.

There is no obvious link to any sort of "phishing site" I just take it to be a genuine glitch in the ebay system, but I would of course never enter my info anyway.

happy modelling ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips