B-58 Wing Colours ?

A request for help, please. I am working on the Academy 1:144 B-58. Can anyone give me a good colour/color reference for the wheel well fairings above the wing? The photos I have found are unclear, with very questionable colour balance, while I have seen the fairings described as anything from Gull Gray to White.

Thanks

Tim Brandt

Reply to
Tim Brandt

Proper color is FS 16473 Aircraft Gray. This is the "standard" color used for most non metallic surfaces as well as those areas painted to prevent corrosion.

Testors No. 1731 is a good match.

Source for this data is T.O. 1-1-4 dated 15 May 1970

Norm.

Reply to
Norm Filer

Thanks, Norm